Subject: [OSPF] FW: NomCom 2016-2017: Call for Nominations

From: "Acee Lindem (acee)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2016 20:59:08 +0000

FYI - we need a good pool of candidates for the open IAOC, IESG, and IAB
positions. 
Thanks,
Acee

On 8/29/16, 4:37 PM, "WGChairs on behalf of NomCom Chair 2016"
<[email-masked] on behalf of [email-masked]> wrote:

>Please forward on to your Working Groups -
>
>The 2016-17 Nominating Committee (Nomcom) is seeking nominations from
>now until October 8, 2016. The open positions being considered by this
>year's Nomcom can be found at the end of this email and also on this
>year's Nomcom website:
>
>https://datatracker.ietf.org/nomcom/2016/
>
>Nominations may be made by selecting the Nominate link at the top of
>the Nomcom 2016 home page, or by visiting the following URL:
>
>https://datatracker.ietf.org/nomcom/2016/nominate/
>
>  {Note that nominations made using the web tool require an ietf.org
>   datatracker account. You can create a datatracker ietf.org account
>   if you don't have one already by visiting the following URL:
>   https://datatracker.ietf.org/accounts/create/ }
>
>If you are unable to use the web form, nominations may instead be made
>by email to [email-masked]. If using email, please include the word
>"Nominate" in the Subject and indicate in the email who is being
>nominated, their email address (to confirm acceptance of the
>nomination), and the position for which you are making the nomination.
>If you are nominating someone other than yourself, please tell us if
>we may tell the nominee that you were the one who made the nomination.
>If you wish to nominate someone via email for more than one position,
>please use separate emails to do so.
>
>Self-nomination is welcome!
>
>Willing nominees will be asked to fill out a questionnaire
>specific to the position for which they are nominated.  The questionnaires
>will be available on September 2, 2016 and have a submission deadline of
>October 13, 2016.
>
>NomCom 2016-17 will follow the policy for "Open Disclosure of Willing
>Nominees" described in BCP 10/RFC 7437.  As stated in RFC 7437: "The
>list of nominees willing to be considered for positions under review
>in the current Nomcom cycle is not confidential". Willing nominees for
>each position will be listed in a publicly accessible way - anyone
>with a datatracker account may access the lists.  Additionally, the
>nomination form asks if we may share your own name with the
>nominee. In all other ways, the confidentiality requirements of BCP10
>remain in effect.  All feedback and all Nomcom deliberations will
>remain confidential and will not be disclosed.
>
>There is a field on the form you can mark in order to allow the Nomcom
>to tell the nominee that you were the one who made the
>nomination. This defaults to “no” - so if you don't mark the field
>we won’t tell.
>
>In order to ensure time to collect sufficient community feedback about
>each of the willing nominees, nominations must be received by the
>NomCom on or before October 8, 2016.
>
>Please submit your nominations as early as possible for the sake of
>your nominees. Note that nominations should not wait for management
>permission, as it is easier to decline the nomination than put one in
>late.
>
>The Nomcom appoints individuals to fill the open slots on the IAOC,
>the IAB, and the IESG. The list of people and posts whose terms end
>with the March 2017 IETF meeting, and thus the positions for which
>this Nomcom is responsible, follows:
>
>IAOC
>
>    Lou Berger
>
>IAB
>
>    Ralph Droms*
>    Russ Housley*
>    Robert Sparks
>    Andrew Sullivan
>    Dave Thaler*
>    Suzanne Woolf
>
>IESG
>
>    Jari Arkko (GEN)*
>    Deborah Brungard (RTG)
>    Ben Campbell (ART)
>    Spencer Dawkins (TSV)
>    Stephen Farrell (SEC)*
>    Joel Jaeggli (OPS)*
>    Terry Manderson (INT)
>    Alvaro Retana (RTG)
>
>*- have indicated that they do not intend to accept a
>renomination. This information is always up to date on
>https://datatracker.ietf.org/nomcom/2016/
>
>Please be resourceful in identifying possible candidates for these
>positions, as developing our talent is a very crucial requirement for
>the IETF, and also, please consider accepting a nomination.  You'll
>find extensive information about specific positions, developed by the
>IAB, IESG, and IAOC, under individual tabs at:
>
>  https://datatracker.ietf.org/nomcom/2016/requirements/
>
>In addition to nominations, the Nomcom seeks community input on the
>positions themselves.  We need and welcome the community's views and
>input on the jobs within each organization. If you have ideas on the
>positions' responsibilities (more, less, different), please let us
>know.
>
>Please send suggestions and feedback about this to [email-masked].
>
>Thank you for your help in identifying qualified nominees!
>
>Lucy Lynch
>Nomcom Chair 2016-17
>[email-masked]
>[email-masked]
>