Subject: [OSPF] RFC 7949 on OSPFv3 over IPv4 for IPv6 Transition

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2016 09:06:03 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7949

        Title:      OSPFv3 over IPv4 for IPv6 Transition 
        Author:     I. Chen, A. Lindem, R. Atkinson
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       August 2016
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      11
        Characters: 25554
        Updates:    RFC 5838

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ospf-transition-to-ospfv3-12.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7949

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7949

This document defines a mechanism to use IPv4 to transport OSPFv3
packets.  Using OSPFv3 over IPv4 with the existing OSPFv3 Address
Family extension can simplify transition from an OSPFv2 IPv4-only
routing domain to an OSPFv3 dual-stack routing domain.  This document
updates RFC 5838 to support virtual links in the IPv4 unicast address
family when using OSPFv3 over IPv4.

This document is a product of the Open Shortest Path First IGP Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC