Subject: [paws] UC&R I-D: Security requirements

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2012 21:37:49 +0000

Hello, 

The following are the security requirements for the device-2-database
protocol that have been derived from the threat model:
(http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/paws/current/msg00768.html).

-Raj

Threat1 to Reqt1 -> The protocol MUST provide the ability for the WSDB to
	authenticate the master device.
 
Threat 2 to Reqt2 -> The protocol MUST provide the ability for the master
device
       to verify the authenticity of the WSDB that it is interacting  with.
 
Threat 3 to Reqt3 -> The messages sent by the master device to the WSDB
MUST be
       integrity protected.
 
Threat 4 to Reqt4 -> The messages sent by the WSDB to the master device
MUST be
       integrity protected.
 
Threat 5 to Reqt5-> The protocol MUST provide the capability for messages
sent by the master
       device and WSDB to be encrypted.
 
Threat 6 to Reqt6-> A Master device MAY not include its identity in
       messages sent to the WSDB when not required by the regulatory
domain.