Subject: [paws] UC&R document

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2012 18:50:58 +0000

Hello All,

A new version of the Use Cases & Requirements draft has been uploaded. This version of the Internet Draft has addressed all of the issues raised during Working Group Last Call, including discussion from IETF #83, and is ready to be forwarded to IESG.

Kind Regards,
Raj & Scott

Draft:  http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-ietf-paws-problem-stmt-usecases-rqmts-04.txt

Diff:   http://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-paws-problem-stmt-usecases-rqmts-04

Abstract:
   Portions of the radio spectrum that are assigned to a particular use
   but are unused or unoccupied at specific locations and times are
   defined as "white space".  The concept of allowing additional
   transmissions (which may or may not be licensed) in white space is a
   technique to &quot;unlock&quot; existing spectrum for new use.  An obvious
   requirement is that these additional transmissions do not interfere
   with the assigned use of the spectrum.  One approach to using the
   white space spectrum at a given time and location is to verify with a
   database for available channels.

   This document describes the concept of TV White Spaces.  It also
   describes the problems that need to be addressed to enable white
   space spectrum for additional uses, without causing interference to
   currently assigned use, by querying a database which stores
   information about the channel availability at any given location and
   time.  A number of possible use cases of white space spectrum and
   technology as well as a set of requirements for the database query
   protocol are also described.