Subject: Re: [paws] I-D Action: draft-ietf-paws-problem-stmt-usecases-rqmts-05.txt

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2012 18:23:29 +0000

Hi All,

Version 06 of the document has been uploaded. The only edits are to
address Andy's comments.

Kind Regards,
Scott & Raj

On 6/28/12 7:41 PM, "Bajko Gabor (Nokia-CIC/SiliconValley)"
<[email-masked]> wrote:

>Folks,
>
>There have not been any comments to the draft version -05 which would
>result in significant changes to the draft. The editors will generate in
>the next few days  a version -06 to incorporate the minor/editorial
>changes requested by Andy, and I will do the write-up and send the draft
>to the iesg.
>
>- Gabor
>
>-----Original Message-----
>From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
>ext [email-masked]
>Sent: Monday, June 25, 2012 8:02 AM
>To: Probasco Scott (Nokia-CIC/Dallas); [email-masked]
>Subject: Re: [paws] I-D Action:
>draft-ietf-paws-problem-stmt-usecases-rqmts-05.txt
>
>Scott, Raj
>
>Thank you for all your hard work on the requirements drafts. I've
>reviewed draft-ietf-paws-problem-stmt-usecases-rqmts-05.txt and it
>appears to cover all the UK and Ofcom requirements as we currently
>understand them. I believe that there will be a public url from next week
>for the reference for [Ofcom Requirements], and I'll let you know as soon
>as this is made available.
>
>I have a suggestion regarding Figure 8, for clarity. According to the
>text, this scenario is not dependent on the air interface being TDD, so
>it should be labelled as "WS AirIF" (for consistency with subsequent
>figures) instead of "TDD Air Interface". I then suggest that the label is
>moved to be next to or across the dotted line between the right hand
>master device and the slave device that was added recently under editing.
>At the moment it could be interpreted that the slave is wired to the
>master.
>
>Finally I have found just two typos:
>
>In 6.2 O.2, second sentence: "... have the capability determine its
>location..." is missing "to"
>In 6.2 O.9, "frequency" is misspelt.
>
>Regards
>
>Andy
>
>-----Original Message-----
>From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
>[email-masked]
>Sent: 21 June 2012 17:57
>To: [email-masked]
>Subject: Re: [paws] I-D Action:
>draft-ietf-paws-problem-stmt-usecases-rqmts-05.txt
>
>Hello All,
>
>This version 05 contains updates from the editors to address the comments
>posted to the reflector during 2nd WGLC. We hope this fulfills the work
>group's needs & desires, and look forward to continued progress in PAWS.
>
>Kind Regards,
>Scott & Raj
>
>
>
>On 6/21/12 11:42 AM, "ext [email-masked]"
><[email-masked]> wrote:
>
>>
>>A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
>>directories.
>> This draft is a work item of the Protocol to Access WS database
>>Working Group of the IETF.
>>
>>    Title           : Protocol to Access White Space database: PS, use
>>cases and rqmts
>>    Author(s)       : Scott Probasco
>>                          Basavaraj Patil
>>    Filename        : draft-ietf-paws-problem-stmt-usecases-rqmts-05.txt
>>    Pages           : 42
>>    Date            : 2012-06-21
>>
>>Abstract:
>>   Portions of the radio spectrum that are assigned to a particular use
>>   but are unused or unoccupied at specific locations and times are
>>   defined as "white space".  The concept of allowing additional
>>   transmissions (which may or may not be licensed) in white space is a
>>   technique to "unlock" existing spectrum for new use.  An obvious
>>   requirement is that these additional transmissions do not interfere
>>   with the assigned use of the spectrum.  One approach to using the
>>   white space spectrum at a given time and location is to verify with a
>>   database for available channels.
>>
>>   This document describes a number of possible use cases of white space
>>   spectrum and technology as well as a set of requirements for the
>>   database query protocol.  The concept of TV white spaces is described
>>   including the problems that need to be addressed to enable white
>>   space spectrum for additional uses without causing interference to
>>   currently assigned use.  Use of white space is enabled by querying a
>>   database which stores information about the channel availability at
>>   any given location and time.
>>
>>
>>The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
>>https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-paws-problem-stmt-usecases-
>>rqm
>>ts
>>
>>There's also a htmlized version available at:
>>http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-paws-problem-stmt-usecases-rqmts-
>>05
>>
>>A diff from previous version is available at:
>>http://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-paws-problem-stmt-usecase
>>s-r
>>qmts-05
>>
>>
>>Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
>>ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/
>>
>>_______________________________________________
>>paws mailing list
>>[email-masked]
>>https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/paws
>
>_______________________________________________
>paws mailing list
>[email-masked]
>https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/paws
>_______________________________________________
>paws mailing list
>[email-masked]
>https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/paws

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2012 10:58:02 +0100

Scott, Raj, Gabor

The reference [Ofcom Requirements] has now been made available, it is http://www.cept.org/Documents/se-43/6161/SE43(12)Info11_Ofcom-regulatory-requirements-for-WSDs-in-the-UHF-TV-band . The words "draft final" can be removed from the description of the reference.

Regards

Andy

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of [email-masked]
Sent: 02 July 2012 19:23
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [paws] I-D Action: draft-ietf-paws-problem-stmt-usecases-rqmts-05.txt

Hi All,

Version 06 of the document has been uploaded. The only edits are to address Andy's comments.

Kind Regards,
Scott & Raj

On 6/28/12 7:41 PM, "Bajko Gabor (Nokia-CIC/SiliconValley)"
<[email-masked]> wrote:

>result in significant changes to the draft. The editors will generate 
>in the next few days  a version -06 to incorporate the minor/editorial 
>changes requested by Andy, and I will do the write-up and send the 
>draft to the iesg.
>
>- Gabor
>
>understand them. I believe that there will be a public url from next 
>week for the reference for [Ofcom Requirements], and I'll let you know 
>as soon as this is made available.
>
>figures) instead of "TDD Air Interface". I then suggest that the label 
>is moved to be next to or across the dotted line between the right hand 
>This version 05 contains updates from the editors to address the 
>comments posted to the reflector during 2nd WGLC. We hope this fulfills 
>the work group's needs & desires, and look forward to continued progress in PAWS.
>
>Kind Regards,
>Scott & Raj
>
>
>