Subject: [paws] I-D Action: draft-ietf-paws-protocol-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2012 17:56:23 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Protocol to Access WS database Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Protocol to Access Spectrum Database
	Author(s)       : Vincent Chen
                          Subir Das
                          Zhu Lei
                          John Malyar
                          Peter J. McCann
	Filename        : draft-ietf-paws-protocol-01.txt
	Pages           : 72
	Date            : 2012-12-17

Abstract:
   Portions of the radio spectrum that are allocated to licensees are
   available for non-interfering use.  This available spectrum is called
   "White Space."  Allowing secondary users access to available spectrum
   "unlocks" existing spectrum to maximize its utilization and to
   provide opportunities for innovation, resulting in greater overall
   spectrum utilization.

   One approach to manage spectrum sharing uses databases to report
   spectrum availability to devices.  To achieve interoperability among
   multiple devices and databases, a standardized protocol must be
   defined and implemented.  This document defines such a protocol, the
   "Protocol to Access White Space database" (PAWS).

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-paws-protocol

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-paws-protocol-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-paws-protocol-01

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/