Subject: [Pce] New Version of draft-ietf-pce-inter-area-as-applicability (02)

From: "Daniel King" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2012 20:18:17 -0000

Hi All, 

Please note we published a new version of our draft. So, what has been
updated for draft-ietf-pce-inter-area-as-applicability-02?

- Completed the document sections. A few "bits" of new text added.
- Reordering of Sections to help with readability.
- Additional text and references to help readers with background PCE
reading.

Although we have some operators contributing it would be good to have more
operator/provider feedback. Specifically:

1. Did we miss an inter-area/inter-as use case, feature or function?

2. Does the document and specific sections make sense? The intention as to
provide an overview of PCE technology and its applicability to inter-as AND
inter-area path computation. Have we been successful?

3. Are we missing any PCE technology, mechanisms, protocol extensions? So
far I think we have touched on the following technologies in the document:

[RFC3209] and [RFC3473] - RSVP-TE Primers
[RFC4655] - PCE Architecture
[RFC4726] - Inter-Domain MPLS-TE
[RFC5088] and [RFC5089] - IGP PCE Discovery
[RFC5152] - Per-Domain
[RFC5440] - PCEP
[RFC5441] - BRPC
[RFC5520] - Path-Key
[RFC6006] - P2MP Path Computations
[RFC6007] - Synchronized / Dependent Path Computations
[G-8080], [G-7715] and [G-7715-2] - ASON Routing Architecture and
Requirements
[PCEP-P2MP-INTER-DOMAIN] - Inter-domain P2MP
[H-PCE] - Hierarchical PCE

Br, Dan. 

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
[email-masked]
Sent: 16 January 2012 20:07
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [Pce] I-D Action: draft-ietf-pce-inter-area-as-applicability-02.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories. This draft is a work item of the Path Computation Element
Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Applicability of the Path Computation Element to
Inter-Area and Inter-AS MPLS and GMPLS Traffic Engineering
	Author(s)       : Daniel King
                          Julien Meuric
                          Olivier Dugeon
                          Quintin Zhao
                          Oscar Gonzalez de Dios
                          Francisco Javier Jimenex Chico
	Filename        : draft-ietf-pce-inter-area-as-applicability-02.txt
	Pages           : 21
	Date            : 2012-01-16

   The Path Computation Element (PCE) may be used for computing services
   that traverse multi-area and multi-AS Multiprotocol Label Switching
   (MPLS) and Generalized MPLS (GMPLS) Traffic Engineered (TE) networks.

   This document examines the applicability of the PCE architecture,
   protocols, and protocol extensions for computing multi-area and
   multi-AS paths in MPLS and GMPLS networks.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pce-inter-area-as-applicabili
ty-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pce-inter-area-as-applicabilit
y-02.txt

_______________________________________________
Pce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pce