Subject: [Pce] New version of stateful PCE draft & request for adoption

From: Edward Crabbe <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2012 12:32:59 -0800

Dear PCEers,

We've submitted a new version of our stateful PCE draft.  This
version incorporates the suggestions made in Taipei and on the mailing list
(many thanks to all of the reviewers.)

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-crabbe-pce-stateful-pce-02

When we talked about this work in Taipei and discussed WG adoption there
were several small issues raised that we committed to fixing before
requesting WG adoption.  This revision resolves all of the points that were
raised.  At this point we believe there is sufficient interest from a broad
enough group of vendors and customers to make it worth being developed
further within the WG.

We'd like to request that draft-crabbe-pce-stateful-pce be considered for
adoption as a PCE WG document.

best,

  -ed

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, Jan 22, 2012 at 8:29 PM
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-crabbe-pce-stateful-pce-02.txt
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked],
[email-masked]

A new version of I-D, draft-crabbe-pce-stateful-pce-02.txt has been
successfully submitted by Jan Medved and posted to the IETF repository.

Filename:        draft-crabbe-pce-stateful-pce
Revision:        02
Title:           PCEP Extensions for Stateful PCE
Creation date:   2012-01-22
WG ID:           Individual Submission
Number of pages: 51

Abstract:
  The Path Computation Element Communication Protocol (PCEP) provides
  mechanisms for Path Computation Elements (PCEs) to perform path
  computations in response to Path Computation Clients (PCCs) requests.

  Although PCEP explicitly makes no assumptions regarding the
  information available to the PCE, it also makes no provisions for
  synchronization or PCE control of timing and sequence of path
  computations within and across PCEP sessions.  This document
  describes a set of extensions to PCEP to enable this functionality,
  providing stateful control of Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS)
  Traffic Engineering Label Switched Paths (TE LSP) via PCEP.

The IETF Secretariat