Subject: [Pce] IETF PCE WG and IPR -- Was: IPR Disclosure: Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd's Statement about IPR related to draft-dhody-pce-pcep-domain-sequence-02

From: Ramon Casellas <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2012 19:08:59 +0100

Dear PCErs,

I was quite reluctant to post, but I would like to raise the issue of 
IPRs covering Internet Drafts, and more specifically, those under the 
umbrella of the PCE wg

First, I am aware of RFC3979 "IP in IETF technology", which  somehow 
calls for a "timely disclosure". However, personally, I find it a bit 
*surprising* to discover, after contributing to some drafts and after 
several iterations/versions, that such drafts are covered by IPR.

As a co-author, I would appreciate such a warning -- event if the IPR is 
"defensive" -- before I invest time on it, allowing, at least, an 
informed decision.

Would it be possible to enforce a more satisfying (at least for yours 
truly) policy regarding prompt / timely disclosure, even a preliminary 
one? -- (if you ask me, I would like disclosures upon initial/individual 
draft post)

Otherwise I feel somehow forced to ask directly whether a draft is 
covered by (pending) IPR before reading/commenting/contributing

Thanks

R.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	IPR Disclosure: Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd's Statement about 
IPR related to draft-dhody-pce-pcep-domain-sequence-02
Date: 	Fri, 24 Feb 2012 09:30:10 -0800
From: 	IETF Secretariat <[email-masked]>
To: 	[email-masked], [email-masked], 
[email-masked],
CC: 	[email-masked], [email-masked]

Dear Dhruv Dhody, Udayasree Palle, Ramon Casellas:

  An IPR disclosure that pertains to your Internet-Draft entitled "Standard
Representation Of Domain Sequence" (draft-dhody-pce-pcep-domain-sequence) was
submitted to the IETF Secretariat on 2012-02-24 and has been posted on the "IETF
Page of Intellectual Property Rights Disclosures"
(https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/1690/). The title of the IPR disclosure is
"Huawei Technologies Co.,Ltd's Statement about IPR related to draft-dhody-pce-
pcep-domain-sequence-02."");

The IETF Secretariat