Subject: [Pce] FW: New Version Notification for draft-zhang-pce-stateful-pce-app-00.txt

From: "Xian Zhang (Xian)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2012 00:49:55 +0000

Dear PCErs,

  We have submitted a new draft entitled " Applicability of Stateful Path Computation Element (PCE)", and it is available at http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-zhang-pce-stateful-pce-app-00.txt.
 
  Your comments/suggestions are welcome. 

Regards,

Xian

-------

A new version of I-D, draft-zhang-pce-stateful-pce-app-00.txt has been successfully submitted by Xian Zhang and posted to the IETF repository.

Filename:	 draft-zhang-pce-stateful-pce-app
Revision:	 00
Title:		 Applicability of Stateful Path Computation Element (PCE)
Creation date:	 2012-03-05
WG ID:		 Individual Submission
Number of pages: 20

Abstract:
   The Path Computation Element (PCE) provides a solution for Traffic
   Engineering (TE) based path calculation in large, multi-domain,
   multi-region, or multi-layer networks. Depending on whether a PCE
   keeps information about LSPs and reserved resource usage in the
   network or not, it can be categorized as either stateful or
   stateless.

   This memo describes general considerations for stateful PCE(s) and
   examines its applicability through a number of typical scenarios. It
   shows how stateful PCE(s) can be applied to facilitate these
   applications.

The IETF Secretariat