Subject: Re: [Pce] New Version Notification for draft-dugeon-pce-ted-reqs-01.txt

From: Olivier Dugeon <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2012 19:03:38 +0100

Dear all,

We've just posted a new I-D about TED requirements for the PCE.
As explained in the I-D, we aim at identify the specific information to 
be stored in the TED and how it may be populated.

We skip the 00 version due to lack of time.

You could find the I-D as usual place here: 
http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-dugeon-pce-ted-reqs-01.txt

Your feedbacks and comments would be very much appreciated.

Best Regards,

Olivier et al.

Le 12/03/2012 18:48, [email-masked] a écrit :
> A new version of I-D, draft-dugeon-pce-ted-reqs-01.txt has been successfully submitted by Olivier Dugeon and posted to the IETF repository.
>
> Filename:	 draft-dugeon-pce-ted-reqs
> Revision:	 01
> Title:		 Path Computation Element (PCE) Traffic Engineering Database (TED) Requirements
> Creation date:	 2012-03-09
> WG ID:		 Individual Submission
> Number of pages: 12
>
> Abstract:
>     The Path Computation Element (PCE) working group (WG) has produced a
>     set of RFCs to standardize the behavior of the Path Computation
>     Element as a tool to help MPLS-TE and GMPLS LSP tunnels placement.
>     In the PCE architecture, a main assumption has been done concerning
>     the information that the PCE needs to perform its computation: the
>     Traffic Engineering Database (TED) contains all pertinent and
>     suitable information regarding the network that is in the scope of a
>     PCE.  Nevertheless, the TED requirements as well as the TED
>     information have not yet been formalized.  In addition, some recent
>     RFC (like the Backward Recursive Path Computation procedure) or WG
>     draft (like draft-ietf-pce-hierarchy ...) suffer from a lack of
>     information in the TED, leading to a non optimal result or to some
>     difficulties to deploy them.  This memo tries to identity some TED
>     requirements for the PCE.  It is split in two main section: the
>     identification of the specific information to be stored in the TED
>     and how it may be populated.
>
>
>
>
>
> The IETF Secretariat

-- **

Olivier Dugeon