Subject: [Pce] I-D Action: draft-ietf-pce-hierarchy-fwk-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 10 May 2012 08:21:07 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the Path Computation Element Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : The Application of the Path Computation Element Architecture to the Determination of a Sequence of Domains in MPLS and GMPLS
	Author(s)       : Daniel King
                          Adrian Farrel
	Filename        : draft-ietf-pce-hierarchy-fwk-02.txt
	Pages           : 31
	Date            : 2012-05-10

   Computing optimum routes for Label Switched Paths (LSPs) across
   multiple domains in MPLS Traffic Engineering (MPLS-TE) and GMPLS
   networks presents a problem because no single point of path
   computation is aware of all of the links and resources in each
   domain. A solution may be achieved using the Path Computation
   Element (PCE) architecture.

   Where the sequence of domains is known a priori, various techniques
   can be employed to derive an optimum path. If the domains are
   simply-connected, or if the preferred points of interconnection are
   also known, the Per-Domain Path Computation technique can be used.
   Where there are multiple connections between domains and there is
   no preference for the choice of points of interconnection, the
   Backward Recursive Path Computation Procedure (BRPC) can be used to
   derive an optimal path.

   This document examines techniques to establish the optimum path when
   the sequence of domains is not known in advance. The document
   shows how the PCE architecture can be extended to allow the optimum
   sequence of domains to be selected, and the optimum end-to-end path
   to be derived through the use of a hierarchical relationship between
   domains.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pce-hierarchy-fwk-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pce-hierarchy-fwk-02.txt

The IETF datatracker page for this Internet-Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pce-hierarchy-fwk/