Subject: [Pce] Fwd: Last Call: <draft-farrresnickel-ipr-sanctions-05.txt> (Sanctions Available for Application to Violators of IETF IPR Policy) to Informational RFC

From: Julien Meuric <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 09 May 2012 10:08:46 +0200

FYI

-------- Message original --------
From: 	The IESG <[email-masked]>

The IESG has received a request from an individual submitter to consider
the following document:
- 'Sanctions Available for Application to Violators of IETF IPR Policy'
   <draft-farrresnickel-ipr-sanctions-05.txt>  as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2012-06-04. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

    The IETF has developed and documented policies that govern the
    behavior of all IETF participants with respect to Intellectual
    Property Rights (IPR) about which they might reasonably be aware.

    The IETF takes conformance to these IPR policies very seriously.
    However, there has been some ambiguity as to what the appropriate
    sanctions are for the violation of these policies, and how and by
    whom those sanctions are to be applied.

    This document discusses these issues and provides a suite of
    potential actions that may be taken within the IETF community.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-farrresnickel-ipr-sanctions/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-farrresnickel-ipr-sanctions/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.