Subject: [Pce] I-D Action: draft-ietf-pce-hierarchy-fwk-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2012 14:59:12 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Path Computation Element Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : The Application of the Path Computation Element Architecture to the Determination of a Sequence of Domains in MPLS and GMPLS
	Author(s)       : Daniel King
                          Adrian Farrel
	Filename        : draft-ietf-pce-hierarchy-fwk-03.txt
	Pages           : 31
	Date            : 2012-06-27

Abstract:
   Computing optimum routes for Label Switched Paths (LSPs) across
   multiple domains in MPLS Traffic Engineering (MPLS-TE) and GMPLS
   networks presents a problem because no single point of path
   computation is aware of all of the links and resources in each
   domain. A solution may be achieved using the Path Computation
   Element (PCE) architecture.

   Where the sequence of domains is known a priori, various techniques
   can be employed to derive an optimum path. If the domains are
   simply-connected, or if the preferred points of interconnection are
   also known, the Per-Domain Path Computation technique can be used.
   Where there are multiple connections between domains and there is
   no preference for the choice of points of interconnection, the
   Backward Recursive Path Computation Procedure (BRPC) can be used to
   derive an optimal path.

   This document examines techniques to establish the optimum path when
   the sequence of domains is not known in advance. The document
   shows how the PCE architecture can be extended to allow the optimum
   sequence of domains to be selected, and the optimum end-to-end path
   to be derived through the use of a hierarchical relationship between
   domains.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pce-hierarchy-fwk

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-pce-hierarchy-fwk-03

A diff from previous version is available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-pce-hierarchy-fwk-03

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: "Daniel King" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2012 23:01:03 +0100

Dear Julien, All.

As promised, please find a new revision addressing the LC comments. 

Once again, thank you Julien for such a detailed review. 

Thanks, 
Dan.  

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
[email-masked]
Sent: 27 June 2012 22:59
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [Pce] I-D Action: draft-ietf-pce-hierarchy-fwk-03.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Path Computation Element Working Group of
the IETF.

	Title           : The Application of the Path Computation Element
Architecture to the Determination of a Sequence of Domains in MPLS and GMPLS
	Author(s)       : Daniel King
                          Adrian Farrel
	Filename        : draft-ietf-pce-hierarchy-fwk-03.txt
	Pages           : 31
	Date            : 2012-06-27

Abstract:

_______________________________________________
Pce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pce

---

From: Julien Meuric <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2012 17:58:56 +0200

Hi Dan.

Thanks for addressing my comments.

I believe there is just one question pending, about section 4.7: "Is 
there a particular reason why the cancellation option is missing from 
the timeout case, while mentioned in the child error case?"

Cheers,

Julien

---

From: "Daniel King" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2012 23:18:53 +0100

Hi Julien, 

Ah, indeed. Often my Parents would send me a request which I would ignore.
It is reasonable that a Parent would let an unresponsive or misbehaving
Child that they have given up on them. 

I will submit the updated version momentarily. 

Br, Dan. 

-----Original Message-----
From: Julien Meuric [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: 28 June 2012 16:59
To: Daniel King
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Pce] I-D Action: draft-ietf-pce-hierarchy-fwk-03.txt

Hi Dan.

I believe there is just one question pending, about section 4.7: "Is there a
particular reason why the cancellation option is missing from the timeout
case, while mentioned in the child error case?"

Cheers,

Julien