Subject: [Pce] Fwd: RFC Format Tools Development Contracts Awarded by IAOC

From: Julien Meuric <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2017 10:57:25 +0100

Hi all,

In case you overlooked it, please be aware of the ongoing work on new
RFC format. The tool development mentioned below follows the publication
of a set of RFCs in last December (starting from RFC 7990), which marked
a strong step towards the evolution of the RFC format.

Regards,

Julien

-------- Message transféré --------
Date :     Mon, 16 Jan 2017 10:06:31 -0800
De :     IETF Administrative Director <[email-masked]>

At the request of the IAOC the Internet Society issued an RFP on 20
September 2016 for the development of tools to support changes to
RFC formats, a project led by the RFC Series Editor, Heather
Flanagan.

On 22 December the IAOC awarded tools development contracts to
SeanTek and Elf Tools.

SeanTek will develop the RFClint, svgcheck, and XML Diff tools,
while Elf Tools will develop the IDNITS, Publication Formatter and
Text Submission tools.

The specifications were developed through a four-plus-year community
process that culminated in the following RFCs:

  a.  RFC 7991  The xml2rfc Version 3 Vocabulary
  b.  RFC 7992  HTML Format for RFCs
  c.  RFC 7994  Requirements for Plain-Text RFCs
  d.  RFC 7995  PDF Format for RFCs
  e.  RFC 7996  SVG Drawings for RFCs
  f.  RFC 7997  The Use of Non-ASCII Characters in RFC
  g.  RFC 7998  xml2rfc Version 3 Preparation Tool Description

SeanTek is led by Sean Leonard; Elf Tools, by Henrik Levkowetz.

Robert Sparks and Heather Flanagan will serve as the Project
Managers for the project.

Ray
IAD