Subject: [Pce] RFC 8051 on Applicability of a Stateful Path Computation Element (PCE)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2017 13:04:18 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8051

        Title:      Applicability of a Stateful Path 
                    Computation Element (PCE) 
        Author:     X. Zhang, Ed.,
                    I. Minei, Ed.
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       January 2017
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      24
        Characters: 58011
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-pce-stateful-pce-app-08.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8051

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8051

A stateful Path Computation Element (PCE) maintains information about
Label Switched Path (LSP) characteristics and resource usage within a
network in order to provide traffic-engineering calculations for its
associated Path Computation Clients (PCCs).  This document describes
general considerations for a stateful PCE deployment and examines its
applicability and benefits, as well as its challenges and
limitations, through a number of use cases.  PCE Communication
Protocol (PCEP) extensions required for stateful PCE usage are
covered in separate documents.

This document is a product of the Path Computation Element Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC