Subject: [Pce] Last Call: <draft-ietf-pce-stateful-sync-optimizations-08.txt> (Optimizations of Label Switched Path State Synchronization Procedures for a Stateful PCE) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2017 14:51:27 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Path Computation Element WG
(pce) to consider the following document:
- 'Optimizations of Label Switched Path State Synchronization Procedures
   for a Stateful PCE'
  <draft-ietf-pce-stateful-sync-optimizations-08.txt> as Proposed
Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2017-02-28. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   A stateful Path Computation Element (PCE) has access to not only the
   information disseminated by the network's Interior Gateway Protocol
   (IGP), but also the set of active paths and their reserved resources
   for its computation.  The additional Label Switched Path (LSP) state
   information allows the PCE to compute constrained paths while
   considering individual LSPs and their interactions.  This requires a
   reliable state synchronization mechanism between the PCE and the
   network, PCE and path computation clients (PCCs), and between
   cooperating PCEs.  The basic mechanism for state synchronization is
   part of the stateful PCE specification.  This draft presents
   motivations for optimizations to the base state synchronization
   procedure and specifies the required Path Computation Element
   Communication Protocol (PCEP) extensions.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pce-stateful-sync-optimizations/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pce-stateful-sync-optimizations/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.