Subject: [Pce] Last Call: <draft-ietf-pce-inter-layer-ext-12.txt> (Extensions to the Path Computation Element communication Protocol (PCEP) for Inter-Layer MPLS and GMPLS Traffic Engineering) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2017 12:04:48 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Path Computation Element WG
(pce) to consider the following document:
- 'Extensions to the Path Computation Element communication Protocol
   (PCEP) for Inter-Layer MPLS and GMPLS Traffic Engineering'
  <draft-ietf-pce-inter-layer-ext-12.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2017-03-01. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The Path Computation Element (PCE) provides path computation
   functions in support of traffic engineering in Multiprotocol Label
   Switching (MPLS) and Generalized MPLS (GMPLS) networks.

   MPLS and GMPLS networks may be constructed from layered service
   networks.  It is advantageous for overall network efficiency to
   provide end-to-end traffic engineering across multiple network layers
   through a process called inter-layer traffic engineering.  PCE is a
   candidate solution for such requirements.

   The PCE communication Protocol (PCEP) is designed as a communication
   protocol between Path Computation Clients (PCCs) and PCEs.  This
   document presents PCEP extensions for inter-layer traffic
   engineering.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pce-inter-layer-ext/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pce-inter-layer-ext/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.

The document contains these normative downward references.
See RFC 3967 for additional information: 
    draft-ietf-pce-pce-initiated-lsp: PCEP Extensions for PCE-initiated LSP Setup in a Stateful PCE Model (None - IETF stream)
Note that some of these references may already be listed in the acceptable Downref Registry.