Subject: [Pce] Ben Campbell's Discuss on draft-ietf-pce-inter-layer-ext-12: (with DISCUSS)

From: Ben Campbell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2017 18:05:46 -0700

Ben Campbell has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-pce-inter-layer-ext-12: Discuss

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pce-inter-layer-ext/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
DISCUSS:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

If I am reading things correctly, the security considerations just say
the extensions in this draft may raise new security considerations, but
doesn't say anything about what they might be. That's an incomplete
analysis. What new considerations actually (not "may") exist? What
potential attacks may be enabled by these extensions, if any? Are there
things people can do to mitigate them?

---

From: "Adrian Farrel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2017 10:30:44 -0000

Ben,

Please see the text proposed to address Mirja's Comment.

Thanks,
Adrian

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Pce [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Ben Campbell
> Sent: 15 March 2017 01:06
> To: The IESG
> Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked]
> Subject: [Pce] Ben Campbell's Discuss on draft-ietf-pce-inter-layer-ext-12:
(with
> DISCUSS)
> _______________________________________________
> Pce mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pce

---

From: "Ben Campbell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2017 10:01:44 -0500

The proposed text resolved my discuss. I will clear on the assumption it 
will make it in.

Thanks!

Ben.

On 15 Mar 2017, at 5:30, Adrian Farrel wrote:

>> Please refer to 
>> https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html