Subject: [Pce] [Errata Verified] RFC6006 (4867)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2017 08:30:34 -0700 (PDT)

The following errata report has been verified for RFC6006,
"Extensions to the Path Computation Element Communication Protocol (PCEP) for Point-to-Multipoint Traffic Engineering Label Switched Paths". 

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata_search.php?rfc=6006&eid=4867

--------------------------------------
Status: Verified
Type: Technical

Reported by: DHRUV DHODY <[email-masked]>
Date Reported: 2016-11-16
Verified by: Deborah Brungard (IESG)

Section: 3.4

Original Text
-------------
           <PCReq Message>::= <Common Header>
                                 <request>
        where:
                <request>::= <RP>
                                <end-point-rro-pair-list>
                                [<OF>]
                                [<LSPA>]
                                [<BANDWIDTH>]
                                [<metric-list>]
                                [<IRO>]
                                [<LOAD-BALANCING>]

        where:

                <end-point-rro-pair-list>::=
                                   <END-POINTS>[<RRO-List>][<BANDWIDTH>]
                                   [<end-point-rro-pair-list>]

                <RRO-List>::=<RRO>[<BANDWIDTH>][<RRO-List>]
                <metric-list>::=<METRIC>[<metric-list>]

Corrected Text
--------------
           <PCReq Message>::= <Common Header>
                              [<svec-list>]
                              <request-list>

           where:

                <svec-list>::=<SVEC>
                              [<OF>]
                              [<metric-list>]
                              [<svec-list>]

                <request-list>::=<request>[<request-list>]

                <request>::= <RP>
                             <end-point-rro-pair-list>
                             [<OF>]
                             [<LSPA>]
                             [<BANDWIDTH>]
                             [<metric-list>]
                             [<IRO>|<BNC>]
                             [<LOAD-BALANCING>]

           where:

                <end-point-rro-pair-list>::=
                                   <END-POINTS>[<RRO-List>[<BANDWIDTH>]]
                                   [<end-point-rro-pair-list>]
                <RRO-List>::=(<RRO>|<SRRO>)[<RRO-List>]
                <metric-list>::=<METRIC>[<metric-list>]

Notes
-----
o Update the Routing Backus-Naur Form (RBNF) [RFC5511] for Request
   message format: 

      * Update the request message to allows for the bundling of
      multiple path computation requests within a single Path
      Computation Request (PCReq) message.

      * Add <svec-list> in PCReq message. This object was  missed in
      [RFC6006].

      * Add BNC object in PCReq message. This object is required to
      support P2MP. It shares the same format as Include Route Object
      (IRO) but it is a different object. 
 
      * Update the <RRO-List> format to also allow Secondary Record
      Route object (SRRO). This object was  missed in [RFC6006].

      * Removed the BANDWIDTH Object followed by Record Route Object
      (RRO) from <RRO-List>. As BANDWIDTH object doesn't need to follow
      for each RRO in the <RRO-List>, there already exist BANDWIDTH
      object follow <RRO-List> and is backward compatible with
      [RFC5440].

      * Update the <end-point-rro-pair-list> to allow optional BANDWIDTH
      object only if <RRO-List> is included. 

Refer https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-palleti-pce-rfc6006bis/?include_text=1

--------------------------------------
RFC6006 (draft-ietf-pce-pcep-p2mp-extensions-11)
--------------------------------------
Title               : Extensions to the Path Computation Element Communication Protocol (PCEP) for Point-to-Multipoint Traffic Engineering Label Switched Paths
Publication Date    : September 2010
Author(s)           : Q. Zhao, Ed., D. King, Ed., F. Verhaeghe, T. Takeda, Z. Ali, J. Meuric
Category            : PROPOSED STANDARD
Source              : Path Computation Element
Area                : Routing
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG