Subject: [Pce] Ben Campbell's No Objection on draft-ietf-pce-inter-layer-ext-12: (with COMMENT)

From: Ben Campbell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2017 08:04:17 -0700

Ben Campbell has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-pce-inter-layer-ext-12: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pce-inter-layer-ext/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

The "enhanced" security considerations proposed in response to Mirja's
comments resolve my discuss. I am clearing on the assumption it makes it
into the draft. I've moved my discuss point into the comments for now:

<old-discuss>
If I am reading things correctly, the security considerations just say
the extensions in this draft may raise new security considerations, but
doesn't say anything about what they might be. That's an incomplete
analysis. What new considerations actually (not "may") exist? What
potential attacks may be enabled by these extensions, if any? Are there
things people can do to mitigate them?
</old-discuss>