Subject: [Pce] IPR Disclosure Cisco's Statement about IPR related to draft-ietf-pce-stateful-pce-auto-bandwidth

From: IETF Secretariat <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 May 2017 14:27:32 -0700

Dear Dhruv Dhody, Rakesh Gandhi, Ravi Singh, Luyuan Fang, Udayasree Palle:

An IPR disclosure that pertains to your Internet-Draft entitled "PCEP
Extensions for MPLS-TE LSP Automatic Bandwidth Adjustment with Stateful
PCE" (draft-ietf-pce-stateful-pce-auto-bandwidth) was submitted to the IETF
Secretariat on  and has been posted on the "IETF Page of Intellectual Property
Rights Disclosures" (https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2996/). The title of the
IPR disclosure is "Cisco's Statement about IPR related to
draft-ietf-pce-stateful-pce-auto-bandwidth"

Thank you

IETF Secretariat

---

From: Loa Andersson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 May 2017 10:22:22 +0200

Folks,

I see no problem progressing this draft, the licensing terms are OK.

However there is another problem.

The disclosed IPR was applied for in 2006, and granted 2011. The draft
was first posted in early 2013. What is the explanation for this late
disclosure?

/Loaq

On 2017-05-04 23:27, IETF Secretariat wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> Pce mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pce
>

-- 

Loa Andersson                        email: [email-masked]
Senior MPLS Expert                          [email-masked]
Huawei Technologies (consultant)     phone: +46 739 81 21 64

---

From: "Rakesh Gandhi (rgandhi)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 May 2017 17:37:52 +0000

Hi Loa,

Please see inline with <RG>.

On 2017-05-05, 4:22 AM, "Pce on behalf of Loa Andersson" <[email-masked] on behalf of [email-masked]> wrote:

    Folks,

<RG> Great, thanks.

<RG> This was disclosed as soon as an author learned about it.

Thanks,
Rakesh

    /Loaq

    --

---

From: Loa Andersson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 May 2017 08:22:21 +0200

Rakesh,

inline please.

> <RG> This was disclosed as soon as an author learned about it.

OK - fair enough, tnx for the disclosure. At the same time I take this
to mean that no inventor are subscribed to the PCE working group mailing
list.

/Loa

--