Subject: [Pce] Last Call: <draft-ietf-pce-pceps-14.txt> (Secure Transport for PCEP) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2017 09:29:23 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Path Computation Element WG (pce) to
consider the following document: - 'Secure Transport for PCEP'
  <draft-ietf-pce-pceps-14.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2017-07-12. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The Path Computation Element Communication Protocol (PCEP) defines
   the mechanisms for the communication between a Path Computation
   Client (PCC) and a Path Computation Element (PCE), or among PCEs.
   This document describe the usage of Transport Layer Security (TLS) to
   enhance PCEP security, hence the PCEPS acronym proposed for it.  The
   additional security mechanisms are provided by the transport protocol
   supporting PCEP, and therefore they do not affect the flexibility and
   extensibility of PCEP.

   This document updates RFC 5440 regarding the PCEP initialization
   phase specification.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pce-pceps/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pce-pceps/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.