Subject: [Pce] Last Call: <draft-ietf-pce-rfc6006bis-03.txt> (Extensions to the Path Computation Element Communication Protocol (PCEP) for Point-to-Multipoint Traffic Engineering Label Switched Paths) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2017 13:24:55 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Path Computation Element WG (pce) to
consider the following document: - 'Extensions to the Path Computation
Element Communication Protocol
   (PCEP) for Point-to-Multipoint Traffic Engineering Label Switched
   Paths'
  <draft-ietf-pce-rfc6006bis-03.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2017-08-24. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   Point-to-point Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) and Generalized
   MPLS (GMPLS) Traffic Engineering Label Switched Paths (TE LSPs) may
   be established using signaling techniques, but their paths may first
   need to be determined.  The Path Computation Element (PCE) has been
   identified as an appropriate technology for the determination of the
   paths of point-to-multipoint (P2MP) TE LSPs.

   This document describes extensions to the PCE communication Protocol
   (PCEP) to handle requests and responses for the computation of paths
   for P2MP TE LSPs.

   This document obsoletes RFC 6006.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pce-rfc6006bis/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pce-rfc6006bis/ballot/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2983/