Subject: [Pce] Warren Kumari's No Objection on draft-ietf-pce-pceps-15: (with COMMENT)

From: Warren Kumari <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 01 Aug 2017 16:23:34 -0700

Warren Kumari has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-pce-pceps-15: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pce-pceps/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

I think that the document should explain why this does STARTTLS and not e.g
another port (which would be more downgrade resistant) Obviously this is in
addition to the DISCUSS held by EKR.

---

From: Dhruv Dhody <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2017 13:33:32 +0000

Hi Warren, 

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Pce [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Warren Kumari
> Sent: 02 August 2017 04:54
> To: The IESG <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked];
> [email-masked]
> Subject: [Pce] Warren Kumari's No Objection on draft-ietf-pce-pceps-15:
> (with COMMENT)
> 
> I think that the document should explain why this does STARTTLS and not
> e.g another port (which would be more downgrade resistant) Obviously this
> is in addition to the DISCUSS held by EKR.
> 
> 
[[Dhruv Dhody]] I have added - 

   This document uses the standard StartTLS procedure in PCEP, instead
   of using a different port for the secured session.  This is done to
   avoid requesting allocation of another port number for the PCEPS.
   The StartTLS procedure makes more efficient use of scarce port
   numbers and allow simpler configuration of PCEP.

Thanks! 
Dhruv

> _______________________________________________
> Pce mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pce