Subject: [Pce] Protocol Action: 'Extensions to the Path Computation Element Communication Protocol (PCEP) for Point-to-Multipoint Traffic Engineering Label Switched Paths' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-pce-rfc6006bis-04.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2017 15:07:34 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Extensions to the Path Computation Element Communication Protocol
   (PCEP) for Point-to-Multipoint Traffic Engineering Label Switched
   Paths'
  (draft-ietf-pce-rfc6006bis-04.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Path Computation Element Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Alvaro Retana, Alia Atlas and Deborah Brungard.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pce-rfc6006bis/

Technical Summary

This document describes extensions to the Path Computation Element (PCE)
communication Protocol (PCEP) to handle requests and responses for the
computation of paths for Point to Multipoint (P2MP) Traffic Engineered
Label Switched Paths (TE LSPs).  This document corrects several errata
in the original RFC 6006.

Working Group Summary

There was no controversy in the working group.  The only changes
relative to RFC 6006 are straightforward errata corrections.  This
document progressed rapidly through the working group.

Document Quality

There is at least one implementation of this protocol, which
is why the errata in RFC 6006 were raised, and are now being fixed.

Personnel

   Who is the Document Shepherd for this document?  Jon Hardwick 
   Who is the Responsible Area Director? Deborah Brungard