Subject: [Pce] Last Call: <draft-ietf-pce-pcep-exp-codepoints-04.txt> (Experimental Codepoint Allocation for the Path Computation Element communication Protocol (PCEP)) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2017 14:04:34 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Path Computation Element WG (pce) to
consider the following document: - 'Experimental Codepoint Allocation for the
Path Computation Element
   communication Protocol (PCEP)'
  <draft-ietf-pce-pcep-exp-codepoints-04.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2017-12-28. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   IANA assigns values to the Path Computation Element (PCE)
   communication Protocol (PCEP) parameters (messages, objects, TLVs).
   IANA established a top-level registry to contain all PCEP codepoints
   and sub-registries.  This top-level registry contains sub-registries
   for PCEP message, object and TLV types.  The allocation policy for
   each of these sub-registries is IETF Review.

   This document updates RFC 5440 by changing the allocation policies
   for these three registries to mark some of the code points as
   assigned for Experimental Use.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pce-pcep-exp-codepoints/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pce-pcep-exp-codepoints/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.