Subject: [PCN] I-D Action: draft-ietf-pcn-encoding-comparison-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2011 18:23:28 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the Congestion and Pre-Congestion Notification Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Overview of Pre-Congestion Notification Encoding
	Author(s)       : Georgios Karagiannis
                          Kwok Ho Chan
                          Toby Moncaster
                          Michael Menth
                          Philip Eardley
                          Bob Briscoe
	Filename        : draft-ietf-pcn-encoding-comparison-06.txt
	Pages           : 18
	Date            : 2011-06-16

   The objective of Pre-Congestion Notification (PCN) is to protect the
   quality of service (QoS) of inelastic flows within a Diffserv domain.
   On every link in the PCN domain, the overall rate of the PCN-traffic
   is metered, and PCN-packets are appropriately marked when certain
   configured rates are exceeded.  Egress nodes provide decision points
   with information about the PCN-marks of PCN-packets which allows them
   to take decisions about whether to admit or block a new flow request,
   and to terminate some already admitted flows during serious pre-
   congestion.

   The PCN Working Group explored a number of approaches for encoding
   this pre-congestion information into the IP header.  This document
   provides details of all those approaches along with an explanation of
   the constraints that had to be met by any solution.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pcn-encoding-comparison-06.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pcn-encoding-comparison-06.txt

---

From: Steven Blake <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2011 21:28:29 -0400

FYI - this is a fixed-nits version of the draft.  The only textual 
 changes are the deletion of several unused references.  I would 
 appreciate it if someone could take a look at the draft and make sure 
 that I didn't screw anything up.

 On Thu, 16 Jun 2011 18:23:28 -0700, [email-masked] wrote:

> A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
> directories. This draft is a work item of the Congestion and
> Pre-Congestion Notification Working Group of the IETF.
>
> _______________________________________________
> PCN mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pcn

 Regards,

 // Steve

---

From: "Georgios Karagiannis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2011 06:27:35 +0000

Hi Steve,

Thanks very much!

I will do that!

Best regards,
Georgios