Subject: [PCN] I-D Action: draft-ietf-pcn-signaling-requirements-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 02 Jul 2011 13:33:41 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the Congestion and Pre-Congestion Notification Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Requirements for Signaling of (Pre-) Congestion Information in a DiffServ Domain
	Author(s)       : Georgios Karagiannis
                          Tom Taylor
                          Kwok Ho Chan
                          Michael Menth
                          Philip Eardley
	Filename        : draft-ietf-pcn-signaling-requirements-06.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2011-07-02

   Precongestion notification (PCN) is a means for protecting quality of
   service for inelastic traffic admitted to a Diffserv domain. The
   overall PCN architecture is described in RFC 5559. This memo
   describes the requirements for the signaling applied within the PCN
   domain: (1) PCN-feedback-information is carried from the PCN-egress-
   node to the decision point;(2) the decision point may ask the PCN-
   ingress-node to measure, and report back, the rate of sent PCN-
   traffic between that PCN-ingress-node and PCN-egress-node. The
   decision point may be either collocated with the PCN-ingress-node or
   a centralized node (in the latter case, (2) is not required). The
   signaling requirements pertain in particular to two edge behaviours,
   &quot;controlled load (CL)&quot; and &quot;single marking (SM)&quot;
   [draft-ietf-pcn-cl-edge- behaviour-09],
   [draft-ietf-pcn-sm-edge-behaviour-06].

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pcn-signaling-requirements-06.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pcn-signaling-requirements-06.txt

---

From: "Georgios Karagiannis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 02 Jul 2011 20:37:07 +0000

Hi all

During the process of specifying the signaling protocol that can be used
to support the SM and CL drafts
I found that the v.05 PCN signaling requirements draft did not include
the following bullet realted to  the report associated with the CL edge
behaviour.

   o rate of not-marked PCN-traffic (NM-rate) in octets/second

I have updated the PCN signaling requirements draft, including the above
bullet.

Best regards,
Georgios

On 7/2/2011, "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
wrote:

>   "controlled load (CL)" and "single marking (SM)"
>_______________________________________________
>PCN mailing list
>[email-masked]
>https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pcn

---

From: Steven Blake <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 02 Jul 2011 23:41:50 -0400

> I have updated the PCN signaling requirements draft, including the above

Hi,

I just submitted draft-ietf-pcn-signaling-requirements-07.txt to correct
one nit in -06 (pg. 2 too long).  I have also (finally) completed the
document shepherd write-ups for this draft and
draft-pcn-encoding-comparison-06, which are now submitted to the IESG.

I will be posting a proposed meeting agenda for IETF 81 tomorrow.

Regards,

// Steve

---

From: "Georgios Karagiannis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 03 Jul 2011 07:00:29 +0000

Hi Steve,

Regarding version v06 of signaling requirements draft, I have used the
nits tool (with all checking options set), see below, and there were no
errors or warnings. I do not understand how these warning or error (long
page
warning or error) appear after submission!

The tool I used before submission can be found via:

http://tools.ietf.org/tools/idnits/

Best regards,
Georgios

---

From: "Georgios Karagiannis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 03 Jul 2011 07:19:33 +0000

Hi Steve,

Please note that before tomorrow's deadline, I will submit the following
draft, which I would also like to present during the pcn meeting!

Aggregation of Resource ReSerVation Protocol (RSVP) for IPv4 and
                IPv6 Reservations over PCN domains
            draft-karagiannis-pcn-tsvwg-RSVP-PCN-00

Best regards,
Georgios

---

From: "Georgios Karagiannis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 03 Jul 2011 07:40:57 +0000

Hi Steve, Hi Gorry, Hi James

Please note that before tomorrow's deadline, I will submit the following
draft, which I would also like to present during the pcn and tsvwg
meetings.

It will be great if I could get for each of the meetings (PCN and tsvwg)
a 20 minutes agenda slot.

Best regards,
Georgios

---

From: "Georgios Karagiannis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 03 Jul 2011 17:25:02 +0000

Hi all,

I have just uploaded draft-karagiannis-pcn-tsvwg-rsvp-pcn-00, see:
http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-karagiannis-pcn-tsvwg-rsvp-pcn-00.txt

Filename: draft-karagiannis-pcn-tsvwg-rsvp-pcn
Revision: 00
Title: Aggregation of Resource ReSerVation Protocol (RSVP) for IPv4 And
IPv6 Reservations over PCN domains
Creation date: 2011-07-04
WG ID: Individual Submission
Number of pages: 19

Abstract:
This document specifies the extensions to the Aggregated RSVP
[RFC3175] for support of the PCN Controlled Load (CL) and Single
Marking (SM) edge behaviors over a Diffserv cloud using Pre-
Congestion Notification.

Comments are welcome!

It will be great if I could get for each of the meetings (pcn and tsvwg)
a 20 minutes agenda slot to present this draft!

Best regards,
Georgios