Subject: [PCN] Submitted draft-ietf-pcn-cl-edge-behaviour-10.txt

From: Tom Taylor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2011 12:04:43 -0400

OK, folks, I've finally completed the operations and management 
considerations section of the CL edge behaviour draft. Please have a look.

The basic changes are:
  -- corrected definition of T-fail and added definition of T-crit
  -- fixed a small bug in the reset behaviour for T-maxsuppress
  -- added new operations and management considerations section (Sec. 5)
  -- removed some text from the rest of the document into the new 
section (details below).

Comment: deploying this stuff would be a huge job! Presumably the 
savings in bandwidth to be installed would pay for it?

Note that I added references to the RSVP generic aggregation document. I 
expect that document to describe in detail how the edge nodes build up 
information on ingress-egress-aggregates. I will provide detailed 
comments on that draft on the TSVWG list.

One other thing: the draft currently has no mention of 3in1. Is there 
any outstanding action? Note that the current intended status of the 
draft is Informational, not Experimental.

Tom Taylor

Detailed changes:

- Section 1.1: T-fail and T-crit as noted above.
- Section 3.2.1: took out forward reference to section 3.5 regarding 
T-meas. In the event, that was still the right reference, but it doesn't 
matter.
- Section 3.3.1: moved the note on lack of sensitivity to the value 
CLE-limit to the O&M section.
- Section 3.3.3: changed "alarm" to "notification" (two places), since 
the "alarm" log severity did not seem applicable (see new Section 5.2.1)
- Section 3.5: fixed the reset behaviour for T-maxsuppress as noted above
   Also replaced "alarm" by "notify" in two places.
- Section 3.5.1: s/alarms/notifications/
- Old section 4 on identifying ingress and egress node: replaced by text 
in new Section 5.1.2
- Old section 5.2.1 (new 4.2.1): last paragraph, dropped the unnecessary 
and dubious statement in parentheses
- Old Section 5.4 (new 4.4) (PHB parameters): replaced the content with 
a forward reference to the O&M section
- Added normative references to the Diffserv MIB and SYSLOG, informative 
reference to draft- -tsvwg-rsvp-pcn

---

From: "Georgios Karagiannis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2011 19:40:11 +0000

Hi Tom,

Thank you very much!

I will wait for your comments on the RSVP generic aggregation document.

Best regards,
Georgios

On 10/23/2011, "Tom Taylor" <[email-masked]> wrote:

>_______________________________________________
>PCN mailing list
>[email-masked]
>https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pcn