Subject: [pcp] FW:New Version Notification for draft-tsou-pcp-natcoord-07.txt

From: Qiong <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2012 14:06:05 +0800

Deal All,

We have submitted a new version of pcp-natcoord which extends PCP with the
ability to reserve port set instead of individual mapping. After receiving
valuable comments from the last IETF meeting, we have improved our work on
some corner-cases, including:
1) how to deal with the case when one subscriber requires multiple
port-sets
2) how to proceed when a mapping is already exist/or not exist for a
requested Internal address
3) how to proceed deal with the case when MAP and MAP_PORT_SET co-exist
4) how to deal with the error codes

The proposed mechanism can be used to retrieve a restricted IPv4 address
and a port range. A deployment scenario is described in:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-cui-softwire-b4-translated-ds-lite-07.
This mechisnim is especially important when an operator does not have a
dhcpv4 server to do port-set allocation.

Your comments are appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Best wishes
Qiong

=====================================================================
A new version of I-D, draft-tsou-pcp-natcoord-07.txt
has been successfully submitted by Qiong Sun and posted to the
IETF repository.

Filename:  draft-tsou-pcp-natcoord
Revision:  07
Title:
 Lightweight 4over6 Port-set Allocation: Using PCP To Coordinate
Between the CGN and Home Gateway
Creation date:  2012-07-16
WG ID:  Individual Submission
Number of pages: 14
URL: http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-tsou-pcp-natcoord-07.txt
Status: http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-tsou-pcp-natcoord
Htmlized: http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-tsou-pcp-natcoord-07
Diff: http://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-tsou-pcp-natcoord-07

Abstract:
   This document defines an extension to the base PCP.  New OpCode and
   Options are defined to enhance PCP with the ability to reserve port
   sets for internal hosts.

-- 
==============================================
Qiong Sun
China Telecom Beijing Research Institude

Open source code:
lightweight 4over6: *http://sourceforge.net/projects/laft6/*
PCP-natcoord:* http://sourceforge.net/projects/pcpportsetdemo/ *
===============================================