Subject: [pcp] I-D Action: draft-ietf-pcp-proxy-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2012 02:23:47 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Port Control Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Port Control Protocol (PCP) Proxy Function
	Author(s)       : Mohamed Boucadair
                          Internet Systems Consortium
                          Reinaldo Penno
                          Dan Wing
	Filename        : draft-ietf-pcp-proxy-01.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2012-08-17

Abstract:
   This document specifies a new PCP functional element denoted as PCP
   Proxy.  The PCP Proxy relays PCP requests received from PCP Clients
   to upstream PCP Server(s).  This function is mandatory when PCP
   Clients can not be configured with the address of the PCP Server
   located more than one hop.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pcp-proxy

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-pcp-proxy-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-pcp-proxy-01

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2012 11:32:34 +0200

Dear all,

A new version is now available online: http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-pcp-proxy-01

The main changes in -01 are as follows:

* The reference architecture is updated: the PCP proxy is not restricted to the CP router deployment case.
* Add a new section to specify the behaviour when the PCP Proxy is not co-located with a NAT function
* Add a new section for mappings repair
* More discussion for the multiple PCP Servers scenario
* Text is cleanup

A detailed diff is available here:

Please review this new version and provide input.  

Cheers,
Med

---

From: Sam Hartman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2012 09:04:33 -0400

I was not aware of the proxy draft.
We're going to have to carefully consider the interactions between the
proxy and the authentication mechanism and the PCP base security models.

--Sam