Subject: [Perc] MDD and codec independent Forwarding

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2015 11:42:09 +0200

Hi,

I just reviewed 
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-aboba-avtcore-sfu-rtp-00 and I think 
it contains quite a lot of highly relevant information for the 
participants in the PERC WG.

Primarily I think it shows the breath of different behaviour even an SFU 
can have when forwarding packets. This is something we do need to 
consider and discuss when it comes to the design of what fields that can 
be expected to be rewritten by the MDD, and what it might generate and 
terminate as well as forward.

Cheers

Magnus Westerlund

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Services, Media and Network features, Ericsson Research EAB/TXM
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ericsson AB                 | Phone  +46 10 7148287
Färögatan 6                 | Mobile +46 73 0949079
SE-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden | mailto: [email-masked]
----------------------------------------------------------------------