Subject: [plasma] FW: I-D Action: draft-freeman-plasma-requirements-05.txt

From: Trevor Freeman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2013 20:19:41 +0000

Hi All,
 I have posted a new requirements draft. The changes were all editorial nits, types etc.

I believe we are close to closing this document and progressing to last call. Please review and send any feedback to so we can move this forward.  

Thanks
Trevor

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of [email-masked]
Sent: Monday, April 29, 2013 1:15 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D Action: draft-freeman-plasma-requirements-05.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Requirements for Message Access Control
	Author(s)       : Trevor Freeman
                          Jim Schaad
                          Patrick Patterson
	Filename        : draft-freeman-plasma-requirements-05.txt
	Pages           : 60
	Date            : 2013-04-29

Abstract:
   There are many situations where organizations want to protect
   information with robust access control, either for implementation of
   intellectual property right protections, enforcement of contractual
   confidentiality agreements or because of legal regulations.  The
   Enhanced Security Services (ESS) for S/MIME defines an access control
   mechanism for email which is enforced by the recipient's client after
   decryption of the message. The ESS mechanism therefore is dependent
   on the correct access policy configuration of every recipient's
   client. This mechanism also provides full access to the data to all
   recipients prior to the access control check, this is considered to
   be inadequate due to the difficulty in demonstrating policy
   compliance.

   This document lays out the deficiencies of the current ESS security
   label, and presents requirements for a new model for doing/providing
   access control to messages where the access check is performed prior
   to message content decryption. This new model also does not require
   policy configuration on the client to simplify deployment and
   compliance verification.

   The proposed model additionally provides a method where non-X.509
   certificate credentials can be used for encryption/decryption of
   S/MIME messages.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-freeman-plasma-requirements

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-freeman-plasma-requirements-05

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-freeman-plasma-requirements-05

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt