Subject: draft-ietf-policy-qos-schema-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2000 11:34:08 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Policy Framework Working Group of the IETF.

     Title          : QoS Policy Schema
     Author(s) : Y. Snir, Y. Ramberg, J. Strassner, R. Cohen
     Filename  : draft-ietf-policy-qos-schema-00.txt
     Pages          : 51
     Date      : 08-Mar-00

This document takes as its starting point the object-oriented
information model for representing QoS policy information currently
under development in the IETF's Policy Framework working group.
The IETF document defining this information model is the 'QoS Policy
Information Model' [QOSIM].
This document defines the LDAP representation of the classes as defined
in [QOSIM] and discusses LDAP related issues regarding the
implementation of such a schema.

The QoS Policy schema refines the concepts in the Policy Framework Core
Information Model [PCIM] and Schema [PFSCHEMA] documents in order to
extend the generalized policy model to represent network Quality of
Service (QoS) policy information. Specifically, this draft refines the
concept of generic policy rules, conditions and actions to cover
extensions necessary for representing policies to control the
configuration and management of RSVP and Differentiated Services.
This information is typically used by QoS Policy Servers to configure
network devices according to prescribed QoS Policies.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-policy-qos-schema-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
     "get draft-ietf-policy-qos-schema-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
     [email-masked].
In the body type:
     "FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-policy-qos-schema-00.txt".

NOTE:     The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
     MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
     feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
     command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
     a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
     exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
     "multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
     up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
     how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

--NextPart
Content-Type: Multipart/Alternative; Boundary="OtherAccess"

--OtherAccess
Content-Type: Message/External-body;
     access-type="mail-server";
     server="[email-masked]"

Content-Type: text/plain
Content-ID:    <[email-masked]>

ENCODING mime
FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-policy-qos-schema-00.txt

--OtherAccess
Content-Type: Message/External-body;
     name="draft-ietf-policy-qos-schema-00.txt";
     site="ftp.ietf.org";
     access-type="anon-ftp";
     directory="internet-drafts"

Content-Type: text/plain
Content-ID:    <[email-masked]>

--OtherAccess--

--NextPart--