Subject: COPS Implementation And Compatibility

From: [email-masked] (Daljit Singh)
Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2000 16:52:57 -0700

Hi,

    Last week, in response to Mr. Dhiman's inquiry about COPS Implementation, many
companies, including HP, Cisco, Intel and IPHighway responded with their implementation.
Many provides SDK to write policy clients for their servers. I presume, policy client using
SDK from one company should work with the servers from the others. Can someone confirm
the compatibility between policy clients and servers from different companies?

Daljit
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Daljit Singh
email: [email-masked]
Tel:    (831) 421-0388 X21
Fax:   (831) 421-0394
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: "Rajiv Dighe" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2000 21:14:29 -0400

Daljit,

    It's in the interest of all the vendors to make sure that server &
client implementations from them interoperate with implementations from
others. Infact few days ago we even had an interoperability testing for
COPS-PR server & client implementations. It is planned that such
interoperability event will be repeated at regular intervals to ensure that
all clients & servers talk to each other nicely. Hope that answers your
question.

Regards,

--Rajiv
---------------------
Nortel Networks
NetID group
613-798-4914
---------------------

----- Original Message -----
From: "Daljit Singh" <[email-masked]>
To: "POLICY" <[email-masked]>
Sent: Monday, April 03, 2000 7:52 PM
Subject: COPS Implementation And Compatibility

Hi,

    Last week, in response to Mr. Dhiman's inquiry about COPS
Implementation, many
companies, including HP, Cisco, Intel and IPHighway responded with their
implementation.
Many provides SDK to write policy clients for their servers. I presume,
policy client using
SDK from one company should work with the servers from the others. Can
someone confirm
the compatibility between policy clients and servers from different
companies?

Daljit
------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------
Daljit Singh
email: [email-masked]
<mailto:[email-masked]>
Tel:    (831) 421-0388 X21
Fax:   (831) 421-0394
------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------

---

From: [email-masked] (Daljit Singh)
Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2000 21:42:19 -0700

Rajiv,

    Can you provide a list of all the vendors involved in  this
interoperability testing?
Do we have the results of these tests available?

Thanks.

Daljit

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------
Daljit Singh
Deterministic Networks, Inc.
Tel: 831-421-0388 x21
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------

---

From: "Rajiv Dighe" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2000 08:04:33 -0400

Daljit,

      Please give me till tomorrow. I am checking my e-mail from work for
today. as soon as I reach home, I will forward relevant press release that
was jointly released by all companies involved. that press release has all
the details...unless offcourse someone else beats me to it.

--Rajiv
----- Original Message -----
From: "Daljit Singh" <[email-masked]>
To: "Dighe, Rajiv (R.) [EXCHANGE:CANOI:IO47]" <[email-masked]>;
"POLICY" <[email-masked]>
Sent: Tuesday, April 04, 2000 12:42 AM
Subject: Re: COPS Implementation And Compatibility

---

From: "Rajiv Dighe" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2000 12:00:12 -0400

Daljit,

     I apologize for delay in providing you with the press release regarding
interop testing. Here is the URL for the press release. it is possible that
mailer may wrap this around & you will have to paste complete URL in your
browser.

http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/stories.pl?ACCT=104&STORY=/www/story/04-03
-2000/0001180065&EDATE=

Regards,

--Rajiv