Subject: WG Last Call: draft-ietf-policy-core-info-model-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2000 15:37:03 -0400

PURPOSE:

The purpose of this message is to re-initiate the Policy Framework WG
last call on the "Policy Framework Core Information Model --
Version 1 Specification" document:

 draft-ietf-policy-core-info-model-05.txt

You will find this draft in the IETF repository at:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-policy-core-info-model-05.txt

LAST CALL:

Unless there are strong objections, we would like to consider
this draft of the document to be the final one, before moving it
forward for proposed standard status.  Please send any such
objections, as well as statements of support, to the mailing list,
during the last call period.

CHANGES:

There were two outstanding issues in the core model, as of the
Adelaide meeting. The resolution we reached in the meeting for
both of these issues are covered in the -05 draft.  The first was
the representation of time intervals. The second was clarification
for roles.

All other comments from the previous last call were addressed
in the -04 draft.

ISSUE RESOLUTION:

Regarding the issue that was discussed in the Adelaide meeting about
moving certain "IP-wide" parameters into the core model, and out of
the QOS-specific model:

Having discussed this issue with a number of people during and after
the last session in Adelaide, the resolution we reached was to continue
to discuss "IP-wide" common parameters in the context of QOS as well as
in the context of IPSP (IP Security Policy), and to document these once
we have reached consensus across the appropriate technical domains and
Internet protocols, including both IPv4 and IPv6.  Rather than delay
the core model approval for this continuing discussion, our plan is to
document the appropriate common parameters once, in a separate
document, once consensus has been reached across the appropriate
technical domains and working groups.

SCHEDULE:

The last call starts today (Tuesday, April 11, 2000) and
will last approximately two weeks. It will end on
Tuesday, April 25, 2000.

Thank you,

John Strassner and Ed Ellesson, your co-chairs