Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-policy-qos-schema-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 02 May 2000 06:43:38 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Policy Framework Working Group of the IETF.

     Title          : QoS Policy Schema
     Author(s) : Y. Snir, Y. Ramberg, J. Strassner,  R. Cohen
     Filename  : draft-ietf-policy-qos-schema-01.txt
     Pages          : 79
     Date      : 01-May-00

The purpose of this document is to provide a mapping of QoS policy
information to a form that can be implemented in a directory that uses
(L)DAP as its access protocol. Its derivation is as follows.

The structure of generic policy information is defined in the Policy
Core Information Model ([PCIM]). The mapping of this information to a
form that can be implemented in a directory is defined in the Policy
Core Schema ([PFSCHEMA]). The [PCIM] is extended to represent specific
information needed to represent QoS policies with the QoS Information
Model ([QOSIM]). This draft, then, maps the data defined in the [QOSIM]
to a form that can be implemented in a directory. Specifically, this
draft refines the concept of generic policy rules, conditions and
actions to cover extensions necessary for representing policies to
control the configuration and management of RSVP and Differentiated
Services. This document also discusses LDAP related issues regarding
the implementation of such a schema.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-policy-qos-schema-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
     "get draft-ietf-policy-qos-schema-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
     [email-masked].
In the body type:
     "FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-policy-qos-schema-01.txt".

NOTE:     The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
     MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
     feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
     command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
     a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
     exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
     "multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
     up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
     how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.