Subject: COPS-PR (open) source code

From: Shai Herzog <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2000 11:37:58 -0400

Dear rappers and policy aficionados,

As some of you asked for COPS source code availability I'd like to draw
your attention to a new development. Due to "public pressure" we at
IPHighway decided to make our COPS-PR *client* code available to
the public on an open source basis.

This commercial grade code was previously available only on a commercial
basis, but can now be freely loaded from our web site (www.iphighway.com).
In addition to the source code, you can also join a special mailing list
for discussions, Q&A etc., regarding the code.

As the COPS-PR standard evolve (and hopefully not too much more before
it goes RFC) we'll be upgrading the code (although we cannot
guarantee the pace of upgrades ;-)

If you'd like to test this code against a true policy server, please note
that this code is fully compatible with the IPHighway Open Policy System
(OPS) 2.0 and the soon to be available OPS 3.0 beta.

Enjoy

Shai

P.S., I am *NOT* the right person to ask about details of the code.
If you have any technical questions please follow the procedure described
in the web site. Also (with the exception of this announcement) please note
that the public rap mailing list ([email-masked]) shouldn't be used
for such questions either.