Subject: policy condition

From: Yarram V Sunil Kumar <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2000 00:55:34 +0530 (IST)

Hi, 
   I am new to this group. I read the draft "Policy core information
model", in this draft it is mentioned that the policy condition should
be either a CNF or DNF, what are the advantages in representing the 
conditions in the above forms.
   Consider the case, if there is some language used to describe the
policies in which the network manager can have the choice to give
the condition neither in CNF or DNF then the conversion to CNF or DNF
may increase overhead. 
              In short i want to know the motivation behind the
representation of policy condition in CNF or DNF.

-Sunil.

#######################################################################
Y V SUNIL KUMAR                                  HOSTEL-1
M.Tech, IIT BOMBAY                               ROOM NO 262
[email-masked]                          IIT BOMBAY
[email-masked]                           Powai,Mumbai-76. 
#######################################################################

  Buy a Pentium 586/90 so you can reboot faster.