Subject: new Cochair

From: "Wijnen, Bert (Bert)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2000 17:41:25 +0200

Hi Policy geeks

Some people have mentioned to me that my announcement might
give the impression that I was blaming John for the slow progress
of the WG. Such was not the intention. The last sentence in the
announcement was/is intended to express my hope that with
John now focussing on the documents and Joel jumping in to
help with the WG chairing duties, that with that, we can make
faster progress.

John, thanks for your efforts up to now and in the future.

Bert

--------------- copy of text that I did send ------------

> > In order to focus on the many document responsibilities he
> > has, John has decided to step aside as the working group
> > co-chair. Joel Halpern has volunteered to step in
> > as co-chair to replace John.
> > 
> > We expect this change to help the WG make better and
> > faster progress.
> > 
> > Bert
> > 
>