Subject: QoS/IPSEC alignement questions

From: Jean Christophe Martin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2000 13:57:01 -0800

I'm trying to understand how the QoS drafts are relating to the 
IPSEC drafts , and so far, I have little succes. For example :

The IPSEC Policy Model is defining :

 PolicyCondition
        |
   SACondition <----FilterofSACondition--->FilterList

That should map, for the QoS, into :

 PolicyCondition
        |
   QoSCondition <---FilterofQosCondition-->FilterList

The FilterList is a list of FilterEntryBase that can either be
QoS specific Filter Entries or plain FilterEntry as defined in
CIM network model.

However, in draft-ietf-policy-qos-info-model-01.txt, the Condition
is using a complete different model.

Is there any plan to update the documents : Policy Framework QoS
Information Model and QoS Policy Schema to use a model like the
IPSEC model that seems closer to the DMTF model ?

Thanks

JC.

---

From: Yoram Ramberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2000 18:13:33 -0600

FYI: A new version (-02) of the QoS Policy Information Model is about to be 
posted (pre-deadline).
Not sure about the IPSec drafts.
Stay tuned...
*Yoram