Subject: Proposed Policy Framework Agenda

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2000 16:42:15 -0500

Hi, Policy Frameworkers:

I understand that we have until Monday at 5pm to get this into the
[email-masked] address, for posting on the IETF web page.  Please comment.

Proposed Policy Framework Agenda (still being negotiated):

Monday Afternoon, Dec. 11:  3:30 - 5:30pm (120 minutes)

1.  Intro/Objectives/Milestones:  Joel ,  10 minutes

2.  Agenda Bash:  Ed, 5 minutes

3.  QDDIM:  Bob Moore,  Editor.    Total: 30 minutes

      (20 minutes issues presentation, plus 10 min. for discussion)

4.  QPIM:  QPIM Author(s)   Total:  30 minutes

       (20 minutes issues presentation, plus 10 min. for discussion)

5.  QDIM/QPIM compatibility with DiffServ:    Total 30 minutes

     (Conceptual Model, MIB, and PIB Issues discussion)

6.  Wrap-up:   Ed and Joel, 15 minutes.

      (Summary and short re-review of Wed agenda)

Wednesday Morning, Dec. 13:  9:00 - 11:30am (150 minutes)

1.  Intro/News since Monday:  Ed and Joel, 5 minutes

2.  IPSP's PCIM-based Model:  Lee Rafalow/IPSP Participants:  Total 30
minutes

     (20 minutes issues presentation, plus 10 for discussion)

3.  Packet Classification, priority, and link between policy and
configuration mechanisms:    30 minutes

     (Issues/Harmonization discussion: QDIM, QPIM, IPSP)

4.  PCLS Update:  Bob Moore:  5 minutes,  Ed Ellesson: 15 minutes:   Total
20 minutes

      (General PCLS issues update, plus Security Considerations issues):

5.  Terminology Draft Update/Issues and harmonization discussion:  Andrea:
20 minutes

6.  (If time permits) AAA Architecture:  Use of policy framework in context
of AAA Architecture:  Cees deLaat, and John Vollbrecht:  10 minutes

7.  (If time permits)  MPLS:  MPLS Policy Draft Author(s):    Use of policy
framework in context of MPLS:   10 minute update

8.  Wrap-up, and charter milestones re-visit:  25 minutes, Ed, Joel and
Bert

*********************

Thanks,

Ed and Joel

---

From: Marcus Brunner <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2000 21:55:07 +0100 (CET)

>      (Issues/Harmonization discussion: QDIM, QPIM, IPSP)

There are other, more genreal issues concenrning reusability in QDIM, QPIM,IPSP 
as well as the MPLS part. (see the extention draft)

Dr. Marcus Brunner
C&C Research Laboratories
NEC Europe Ltd.

E-Mail: [email-masked]
WWW:    http://www.ccrle.nec.de/
personal home page: http://www.tik.ee.ethz.ch/~brunner

Adenauerplatz 6
D-69115 Heidelberg
Germany

Phone: +49 (0)6221/ 9051129
Fax:   +49 (0)6221/ 9051155