Subject: Drafts (RE: Policy Framework WG Agenda)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2000 16:19:36 -0500

Cliff,

>Can you give the doc name/location with respect to QDDIM, QPIM, and all
>other items listed in the agenda?

Yes, I can.  Sorry, that I did not include this info on the agenda.   By
the way, many of these are linked via the working group's charter web page,
but not all of them:

http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/policy-charter.html

If anyone sees anything that I missed, please comment to the list.

1.  Documents directly related to Policy Framework WG agenda:

PCIM:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-policy-core-info-model-08.txt

QDDIM:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-policy-qos-device-info-model-02.txt

QPIM:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-policy-qos-info-model-02.txt

IPSP:   (see note 1)
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipsp-config-policy-model-01.txt

PCLS:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-policy-core-info-model-08.txt

Policy Terminology:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-policy-terminology-01.txt

DiffServ MIB:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-diffserv-mib-06.txt

DiffServ PIB:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-diffserv-pib-02.txt

DiffServ Conceptual Model:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-diffserv-model-05.txt

2.  Requirements and Use Cases Drafts:  (see note 2, below)

Requirements:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-policy-req-02.txt

Use Cases:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-mahon-policy-use-00.txt

Managing Policy:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-mahon-policy-mgmt-00.txt

3.  AAA Architecture and MPLS application of Policy:  (see note 3, below)

Policy for AAA:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-irtf-aaaarch-aaa-pol-00.txt

Generic Policy for AAA:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-taal-aaaarch-generic-pol-00.txt

Policy for Accounting:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-irtf-aaaarch-pol-acct-01.txt

MPLS:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-chadha-policy-mpls-te-01.txt

Notes:

1.  I think some work has been done on the ipsp model, since the ipsp draft
listed here, was issued.   I expect there will be another draft posted to
the ietf internet-draft repository, after the San Diego meeting, which will
reflect this additional work.

2.  The requirements, and use cases drafts will be mentioned during the
charter discussion at the beginning of the first session, but we don't
expect detailed discussions on the content of these drafts, at these IETF
sessions.

3.  We may not have time to get to the discussion of the AAA Architecture
and MPLS drafts, depending on how long the discussion of the QOS and IPsec
issues goes on.   We will make that call in the second session on
Wednesday.

Ed Ellesson
Tivoli Systems
Durham, NC
[email-masked]
Office at Tivoli:  919-224-2111
Office at home:  919-644-3977

---

From: "Robert Moore" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2000 07:56:52 -0500

Ed,

I spotted a typo in your note.  The correct URL for the PCLS is

http://ietf-mirror.raleigh.ibm.com/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-policy-core-schema-08.txt

Regards,
Bob

Bob Moore
IBM Networking Software
+1-919-254-4436
[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2000 08:40:28 -0500

Bob,

Yes, thank you....I had the info model url rather than the schema url
listed for pcls.  The url from the ietf repository is:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-policy-core-schema-08.txt

Ed Ellesson
Tivoli Systems
Durham, NC
[email-masked]

"Robert Moore" <[email-masked]> on 12/07/2000 07:56:52 AM

To:   [email-masked]
cc:   [email-masked], "Wang, Cliff" <[email-masked]>,
      "[email-masked]'" <[email-masked]>, "Joel M.
      Halpern" <[email-masked]>, "Wijnen, Bert (Bert)"
      <[email-masked]>
Subject:  Re: Drafts (RE: Policy Framework WG Agenda)

Ed,

Regards,
Bob

Bob Moore
IBM Networking Software
+1-919-254-4436
[email-masked]