Subject: [Policy] PCIMe: the aggregation ContainedDomain

From: "Pana, Mircea" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2003 09:00:01 -0600

The aggregation ContainedDomain includes:
"GroupComponent[ref AdminDomain [0..n]]" 
IMO the cardinality should be "0..1" instead of "0...n". In other words: A
ReusablePolicyContainer can contain zero or more  ReusablePolicyContainer
instances. A ReusablePolicyContainer can be a root-level container (for the
context) or it can be contained by one single other ReusablePolicyContainer.

Regards,
Mircea.

---

From: "Andrea Westerinen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 23:18:48 -0800

I did not see a reply - so I am taking a stab at this....
 
ContainedDomain is a general association indicating that administrative
domains may be aggregated by multiple, other, "larger" domains.  For
example, the "East Coast" domain could aggregate all "state" domains
east of the Mississippi.  And, the "Democratic" domain could aggregate
all "state" domains that voted Democratic in the last election (sorry, a
very contrived example).  Similarly for policy containers, reusable
containers could be multiply aggregated into other "larger" containers,
that are defined with different semantics but that have overlapping
members.
 
Andrea
 
-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
Pana, Mircea
Sent: Thursday, January 09, 2003 7:00 AM
To: IETF Policy (E-mail)
Subject: [Policy] PCIMe: the aggregation ContainedDomain

The aggregation ContainedDomain includes: 
"GroupComponent[ref AdminDomain [0..n]]" 
IMO the cardinality should be "0..1" instead of "0...n". In other words:
A ReusablePolicyContainer can contain zero or more
ReusablePolicyContainer instances. A ReusablePolicyContainer can be a
root-level container (for the context) or it can be contained by one
single other ReusablePolicyContainer.

Regards, 
Mircea.