Subject: [Policy] QPIM

From: "Joel M. Halpern" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 06:55:21 -0400

I have met with Russ Housley about this document.
The abstract as written is somewhat confusing.
We refer to "model for representing policies that administer, manage, and 
control access to network QoS resources."  This prompts the reader to look 
for explicit access control mechanisms, and all the associated 
paraphernalia, which of course are not pleasant.

I believe this can be addressed by a small change to the abstract / 
introduction to indicate that what is provided are models of mechanisms 
that can be used by access control, or models of information that is used 
by access control mechanisms.

If we can find some reasonable words to change in the abstract and 
introduction, I will see if they address the problem, and with luck we can 
have them handled as RFC editor instructions.

I would like to hear from the document authors on this, please.

Yours,
Joel M. Halpern

PS: We are waiting on some other comments, so this may not be the last issue.

PPS: QDDIM has some purely editorial comments so far, and it is also 
waiting on some other comments.

_______________________________________________
Policy mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/policy