Subject: [Policy] FW: I-D ACTION:draft-reyes-policy-core-ext-schema-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 11:53:10 -0600

A long due revision on PCELS is now available on-line. It includes changes
that address:
- the issues raised by Bert in his AD Review
- the issues and suggestions expressed on this mailing list.

In particular none of the PCLS classes is deprecated and the impact on PCLS
implementations is now explicitly assessed. 

A brief list of the changes follows:
   1. This revision does not deprecate schema items defined in PCLS.
   The "Abstract" of this document has been modified accordingly.

   2. To make them easily distinguishable from the object classes and
   attributes defined in PCLS, the schema items defined in this document
   are now prefixed "pcels" instead of "pcim".

   3. In previous versions of this document the pcimPolicyGroup object
   class (initially defined by PCLS) was redefined as a subclass of
   pcimPolicySet (now pcelsPolicySet). This modification has been
   abandoned.

   4. Added note on PolicyGroup representation as pcelsRule or
   pcelsPolicySet.

   5. Abandoned deprecation of pcimRepository and modified
   pcelsReusableContainer to subclass pcimRepository.

   6. Added general considerations in the opening of the schema
   definitions (section 5).

   7. Added text to clarify which attributes defined in PCLS are also
   used in object classes defined here.

   8. Instead of deprecating pcimRuleConditionAssociation and replacing
   it with pcelsConditionAssociation, the latter object class has been
   modified, so that is now a subclass of pcimRuleConditionAssociation
   which is no longer deprecated.

   9. Instead of deprecating pcimRuleActionAssociation and replacing it
   with pcelsActionAssociation, the latter object class has been
   modified, so that is now a subclass of pcimRuleActionAssociation
   which is no longer deprecated.

   10. The class pcimRule and its subclasses defined by PCLS are no
   longer deprecated. A note has been added to clarify the issue
   regarding the functionality replacement for compatibility with
   PCIM_EXT.

   11. The pcimGroupContainmentAuxClass and pcimRuleContainmentAuxClass
   object classes defined by PCLS are no longer deprecated. A note has
   been added to clarify the issue regarding the functionality
   replacement for compatibility with PCIM_EXT.

   12. Added text to explicitly describe the use of
   pcelsPolicySetAssociation for the realization of the
   PolicySetInSystem association. This was unclear in previous
   revisions.

   13. Revised "Summary of changes since PCLS" in accordance with the
   changes listed above.

   14. Revised security considerations.

   15. Updated normative and informative references.

   16. Added section to explain impact on PCLS implementations.

   17. Added note on OID assignment status. (before section 1).

   18. For compliance with NITS, the abstract does not use citations.

   19. Added text to indicate valid and default attribute values where
   applicable.

Note that a few (new) open issues are listed at the end of the document.
Comments from the group are *very* welcome.

Thank You,
Mircea.

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked]
> [mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of
> [email-masked]
> Sent: Tuesday, January 20, 2004 10:05 AM
> Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-reyes-policy-core-ext-schema-04.txt
> 
> 
> A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line 
> Internet-Drafts directories.
> 
> 
> 	Title		: Policy Core Extension LDAP Schema (PCELS)
> 	Author(s)	: A. Reyes
> 	Filename	: draft-reyes-policy-core-ext-schema-04.txt
> 	Pages		: 63
> 	Date		: 2004-1-19
> 	
> This document defines a number of changes and extensions to the
> Policy Core LDAP Schema (RFC zzzz) based on the model extensions
> defined by RFC 3640. These changes and extensions consist of 
> new LDAP object classes and attribute types. Some of the 
> schema items defined
> in this document re-implement existing concepts in accordance with
> their new semantics modified by RFC 3640. The other schema items
> implement new concepts, not covered by RFC zzzz.
> This document updates RFC zzzz.
> 
> A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
> http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-reyes-policy-core-ex
t-schema-04.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-reyes-policy-core-ext-schema-04.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-reyes-policy-core-ext-schema-04.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 09:28:06 -0600