Subject: draft-helenius-ppp-subnet-00.txt

From: Vernon Schryver <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2000 10:59:37 -0700 (MST)

Is there a name for the law of nature that says that the persistence
of bad ideas increases with their badness?

Didn't we deal with the idea in draft-helenius-ppp-subnet-00.txt
and reach consensus that it is a bad idea?o

Isn't it a little offensive that Juha Heinanen is still pushing it?

Vernon Schryver    [email-masked]

---

From: Rene Tio <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2000 10:33:06 -0800

> and reach consensus that it is a bad idea?o

DISCLAIMER: Views are mine and not my employers', nor are they necessarily
an endorsement of the draft.

As I recall, the last discussion petered out with the question that using
DHCP may involve a change in the semantics of the DHCP subnet option.  I
don't believe we (the group) answered that, nor did we answer how to resolve
the issue that the DHCP and RADIUS information reside on if not two
different machines then two different databases, which brings the question
of how to authorise the remote end via RADIUS to use a particular subnet
that is doled out via DHCP.

Rene