Subject: Radius MP attributes?

From: "John R. Martz" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2000 17:43:47 -0400

A co-worker mentioned to me that there are Radius attributes defined for use with the Multilink
Protocol (MP). I've looked at the list of attributes on page 59 RFC 2138, but nothing I saw there
seemed to pertain specifically to MP.

Are there Radius attributes for MP (and BAP)? And if so, can someone point me towards the RFC that
describes them?

Thanks,
-john martz ([email-masked])
  IBM AS/400 TCP/IP PPP (and stuff)

---

From: Greg Kilfoyle <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2000 14:57:20 -0700

Hi John,

Check the RADIUS v2 drafts:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-radius-radius-v2-06.txt
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-radius-accounting-v2-05.txt

You'll find MP-specific attributes. On the auth side, Port-Limit is
applicable. On the accounting side, Acct-Multi-Session-Id and
Acct-Link-Count are applicable.

Cheers, Greg.

--
Greg Kilfoyle ([email-masked])

---

From: "Glen Zorn" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2000 10:45:46 -0700

> someone point me towards the RFC that

The only BAP-specific RADIUS attributes of which I'm aware are also
Microsoft vendor-specific (RFC 2548).