Subject: RE: Re-send of Extending PPP with virtual concatenation

From: "Jones, Nevin R (Nevin)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2000 14:33:29 -0400

> All:
	The preceding attachment was sent in error please disregard. I have
attached the correct file for upload. Any comments are
> welcome.
> Regards,
> -Nevin Jones
 <<draft-ietf-pppext-posvcholo-02>>

---

From: "R. Muralidharan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2000 16:25:53 +0530

Thanks for the draft version 2. This doc clearly indicates that ANSI, ITU-T
etc have already established virtual concatenation as a global standard.

Clarifications requested/comments are as follows:

(1) Are the references in section 8  the latest? For e.g.. Does ANSI
T1.105.02-1998 contain the mappings for virtual concatenation?
(2) Section 3 on Current Technologies just states that ML-PPP is used for
multiple physical paths to build a logical link. I understand that ML-PPP is
also used to bundle VT1.5s in SONET STS-1 to achieve efficient granularity
for 10Mbps channels.  E.g.. is Cisco ONS 15303. If this is the case, would
n't it be appropriate to mention this as well as provide comparison of
ML-PPP bundling of VT1.5s in SONET frames vis-a-vis virtual concatenation?
(3) Packet over Sonet RFC 2615) standard states that OC3c is a standard
output. Does this mean that one cannot implement virtual concatenation in
optical outputs of OC3?

Would appreciate response.
muralidharan

>  <<draft-ietf-pppext-posvcholo-02>>

__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Talk to your friends online with Yahoo! Messenger.
http://im.yahoo.com