Subject: Always On Dynamic ISDN (AODI) - Working Group Last Call

From: Karl Fox <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2000 16:38:29 -0400

This is last call.  I will advise the area directors that we want to take 
Always On Dynamic ISDN (AODI) (draft-ietf-pppext-aodi-02.txt) to 
Informational on August 18, 2000 unless there is substantive comment raised 
on the list.

Karl Fox <[email-masked]>
Key fingerprint = 5B15 7260 D55E D680 0B93  4953 8A3B AB0E C05D 77A3

---

From: "Dr. Carsten Bormann" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2000 08:47:38 +0200

[Apologies if this is a duplicate -- I didn't get the usual barrage of
vacation notices, so I have to assume my original message has been lost]

Did anyone read this thing yet?
It calls for an editing pass (both for formatting mistakes and for grammar
errors).

What is "the technical subcommittee"?
Is it "the author" or "the authors"?

Is it really true that there haven't been trial deployments yet that could
supply "real-world experience"?

Is the first CUD byte 0xCF or is it "to be selected from reserved values in
ISO/IEC TR 9577"?

Maybe the WG should supply proposed text for an IESG comment at the start of
the RFC.
The time constants (5 seconds queueing/5 seconds idle time) look like good
candidates for a disclaimer...
It is good to know that AO/DI is "inherently stable" even with these time
constants :-)

Wasn't there a rule that said proprietary documents should have the
organization in the title?
In any case, there should be text in the abstract/introduction that clearly
identifies the provenance of this document and purpose of its publication as
an RFC.

Puzzled, Carsten

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]On
> Behalf Of Karl Fox
> Sent: Friday, July 21, 2000 22:38
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: Always On Dynamic ISDN (AODI) - Working Group Last Call
>
>