Subject: Re: PPPmux and MP

From: Vernon Schryver <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 2 Jul 2000 13:41:24 -0600 (MDT)

> This will be my last message in this thread.

I find very distasteful avoid tatics like that are intended or whose only
rationally expected result are to try to get the last word.  When I have
nothing more to say, I try to use the simplest engineering solution, which
is to say nothing more.

> > [lots of stuff that just makes we want to repeat what I said earlier:]
>
> > > PS.: It would help if certain PPP veterans would occasionally read up
> > > on the technical parameters of VoIP, all-IP fixed networks for
> > > wireless, etc.
>
> Hint: "average packet size", "cost of spectrum", "cost of bandwidth in
> access networks".

It's too bad you didn't bother to actually read and understand my point,
that regardless of the reality of current and past costs of bandwidth, if
the resulting service is not useful, people won't buy.  If telco customers
must choose between POTS and POTS with useless SuperHypeWay frills, they'll
all choose the cheapest alternative, no matter how much marketing the
telcos spew.

> > employees of telcos and telco suppliers.  The rest of the world won't care
> > about "web enabled" wireless (or land line) telephones until they have
> > mega-pixel (or close) displays.  
>
> Little do you know...
> (Hint: "i-mode".)

I hope your retirement savings are not dependent on such notions.

Vernon Schryver    [email-masked]