Subject: RFC 2509 and CONTEXT_STATE packets

From: "Daniel Feldman" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 18:49:09 +0200

Dear Sirs,
	RFC2509 specifies that with the RTP-Compression Sub option it is
possible to:
"Enable use of Protocol Identifiers COMPRESSED_RTP, COMPRESSED_UDP and
CONTEXT_STATE as specified in [CRTP]."

	Does this mean that without it is impossible to use TCP
CONTEXT_STATE over PPP links without negotiating the RTP-Compression Sub
option ?

	Is this a feature or a bug?

	Thanks in advance,

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Daniel Feldman
System Architecture Team Leader, IC4IC Ltd.
office: +972(4)959-4644 ext. 121
mobile: +972(55)99-0299
fax:    +972(4)959-4944
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~