Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-salgarelli-pppext-eap-ske-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 09:54:19 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: EAP-SKE authentication and key exchange protocol
	Author(s)	: L. Salgarelli et al.
	Filename	: draft-salgarelli-pppext-eap-ske-01.txt
	Pages		: 28
	Date		: 16-Apr-02
	
This note describes EAP Shared Key Exchange (SKE), a method for
authentication of Mobile Nodes (MN) and generation of a per
session, per node EAP Master Secret.  The method applies to
scenarios where a Mobile Node (MN) is in a foreign network such as
a public 802.11 or 802.3 network that uses Home-AAA and Foreign-AAA
services.  The method requires presence of a pre-deployed
cryptographically secure shared key on the MN and its Home-AAA
server, and use of the 802.1x standard [1], Extensible
Authentication Protocol (EAP) [2] messages, and RADIUS [3]
authentication servers.  The protocol can easily be extended to
support the migration from RADIUS to DIAMETER [4].

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-salgarelli-pppext-eap-ske-01.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-salgarelli-pppext-eap-ske-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-salgarelli-pppext-eap-ske-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.