Subject: IANA PPP considerations

From: Vernon Schryver <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 21:30:59 -0600 (MDT)

What needs to be done to get the IANA considerations advanced?

I've heard no comments about draft-schryver-pppext-iana-00.txt
since it was published a week ago.  It's not listed 
on http://ietf.org/html.charters/pppext-charter.html

If I misunderstood and someone else should write it or it is a bad
thing best forgotten, that's fine with me.

If I understood correctly that there is a consensus for trying to
ensure that allocations of PPP numbers get reviewed, what needs to be
done next?  Is it something I can do?

Vernon Schryver    [email-masked]

---

From: James Carlson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 07:31:21 -0400

> thing best forgotten, that's fine with me.

I think it's a good thing, though perhaps the IPR statement could be
dropped as (I hope!) you haven't actually filed a patent on the IANA
statement.

> done next?  Is it something I can do?

I believe that Karl Fox needs to send mail to the IAD (Thomas Narten
and Erik Nordmark) proposing that this be published as a Best Current
Practice.

-- 
James Carlson, Solaris Networking         <[email-masked]>
Sun Microsystems / 1 Network Drive         71.234W   Vox +1 781 442 2084
MS UBUR02-212 / Burlington MA 01803-2757   42.497N   Fax +1 781 442 1677

---

From: Karl Fox <[email-masked]>
Date: 28 May 2003 08:50:20 -0400

Should I do it now or should I wait for a change to the IPR statement? 
Is it really necessary in a document like this?

Karl

---

From: James Carlson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 08:56:26 -0400

> Is it really necessary in a document like this?

Since this bit of boilerplate is not really material to the wg's
interest in the document, and appears to be more of an editorial
matter that will almost certainly be handled by IESG review, I don't
see a particular need to wait before doing a last call and submission.
But I think it should be your call.