Subject: [Pppext] [Fwd: I-D Action: draft-boucadair-pppext-portrange-option-05.txt]

From: James Carlson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 May 2011 07:34:25 -0400

Another update of this draft.  Among the changes, the draft now says
that it intends "Informational" rather than "Experimental" status, and
it has switched to use vendor-specific options rather than a distinct
IPCP Option number.

While I continue to believe that this is not the right layer at which to
do this negotiation, and thus it's still an architectural error, the
move to a vendor option alleviates many of my concerns.

I think we're just down to the use of the IETF as a vanity press.
Perhaps if it must go forward, we can agree on some disclaimer text
explaining that it's not the product of this working group and that
there are serious reservations concerning its use.

-- 
James Carlson         42.703N 71.076W         <[email-masked]>

Subject: I-D Action: draft-boucadair-pppext-portrange-option-05.txt
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 17 May 2011 01:57:51 -0700
List-Id: Internet Draft Announcements only <i-d-announce.ietf.org>

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Huawei Port Range Configuration Options for PPP IPCP
	Author(s)       : Mohamed Boucadair
                          Pierre Levis
                          Gabor Bajko
                          Teemu Savolainen
                          Tina Tsou
	Filename        : draft-boucadair-pppext-portrange-option-05.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2011-05-17

   This document defines two Huawei IPCP (IP Configuration Protocol)
   Options used to convey a set of ports.  These options can be used in
   the context of port range-based solutions or NAT-based ones for port
   delegation and forwarding purposes.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-boucadair-pppext-portrange-option-05.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-boucadair-pppext-portrange-option-05.txt
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt