Subject: [Pppext] Fwd: I-D Action: draft-ietf-pppext-trill-protocol-08.txt

From: William Allen Simpson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2011 11:11:55 -0400

Preparing to watch some IETF meetings, I belatedly noticed this.  Because
it is now an independent submission, it wasn't sent to the pppext list.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-pppext-trill-protocol-08.txt
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2011 15:07:01 -0700
From: [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : PPP TRILL Protocol Control Protocol
	Author(s)       : James Carlson
                           Donald Eastlake
	Filename        : draft-ietf-pppext-trill-protocol-08.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2011-06-14

    The Point-to-Point Protocol (PPP) defines a Link Control Protocol
    (LCP) and a method for negotiating the use of multi-protocol traffic
    over point-to-point links.  This document describes PPP support for
    the Transparent Interconnection of Lots of Links (TRILL) Protocol,
    allowing direct communication between Routing Bridges (RBridges) via
    PPP links.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pppext-trill-protocol-08.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pppext-trill-protocol-08.txt
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

---

From: William Allen Simpson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2011 11:24:25 -0400

> it is now an independent submission, it wasn't sent to the pppext list.
The additional author has made a number of improvements to the security
section, as well as other minor tweaks such as references.  Good!

There was an odd change from TBD-40XX (and 80XX) to TBD-40YY (and 80ZZ).
While there's no _technical_ requirement the last 2 digits are the same,
traditionally we've kept them the same.  Hopefully IANA will handle this
correctly.

However, as I've previously requested, there should probably be a mention
of the exact sections of ISIS that refer to uniqueness, and a more full
explanation of why there can be problems here.

I'm still planning on posting a "considered harmful" response as soon as
it's published, concerning the lack of automatic identifier resolution.