Subject: [Pppext] draft-simpson-ppp-arc4-00.txt

From: William Allen Simpson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2013 18:31:17 -0400

Here's the reason that I was looking at archives.  This is old stuff,
reformatted and updated a little.  Probably needs some more work.

But with the wide-scale link snooping in the news -- as so many of us
predicted 20+ years ago -- it's time to at least experiment.  ARCFOUR
has code already to go in routers.  We need some implementation
feedback from vendors, but this could get out the door pretty quickly.

I was working on a Salsa variant, too, but then found out about his
ChaCha successor, and so never made up my mind on which to document.

Please talk about this in Germany.  We'll also be discussing at
Usenix Security.

I also have an old session key negotiation draft lying around.  This
would all be better with nice PFS random keys....

===

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : The PPP ARCFOUR Encryption Protocol
	Author(s)       : William Allen Simpson
	Filename        : draft-simpson-ppp-arc4-00.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2013-07-15

Abstract:
    The Point-to-Point Protocol (PPP) [RFC1661] provides a standard
    method for transporting multi-protocol datagrams over point-to-point
    links.

    The PPP Encryption Control Protocol (ECP) [RFC1968] provides a method
    to negotiate and utilize encryption protocols over PPP encapsulated
    links.

    This document described the use of the ARCFOUR algorithm for
    encrypting PPP encapsulated packets.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-simpson-ppp-arc4

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-simpson-ppp-arc4-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/