Subject: [ppsp] Fwd: [MMUSIC] New draft on "SIP/SDP Overlap with RTSP"

From: Victor Pascual Ávila <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2009 11:57:01 +0200

FYI

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Jan Lindquist <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, Jun 10, 2009 at 4:32 PM
Subject: [MMUSIC] New draft on "SIP/SDP Overlap with RTSP"
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]

Hello,

A new draft has been uploaded titled "SIP/SDP Overlap with RTSP"
(draft-lindquist-mmusic-sip-rtsp-00). The draft is co-signed by Jan
Lindquist, Jouni Maenpaa, Priya Rajagopal and Xavier Marjou. A slot is
requested in MMUSIC for the July Stockholm meeting to present the
draft.

http://www3.ietf.org/proceedings/staging/draft-lindquist-mmusic-sip-rtsp-00.txt

For your convenience here is the abstract taken from the draft.

   The Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) is widely used for establishing
   multimedia sessions, whereas the Real Time Streaming Protocol (RTSP)
   is a protocol for use in streaming media systems.  RTSP has a dual
   role: it establishes a media session for the delivery of streaming
   media as well as controls the streaming session once it has been set
   up.  Since RTSP is also used for session establishment, there exists
   an overlap between the functionality provided by SIP and RTSP.  In
   this document, we analyze a model in which SIP and the SDP offer/
   answer model are used to set up a streaming session with an RTSP
   control channel and one or more media delivery streams.  Such a model
   is beneficial since it allows the reuse of current architecture and
   functionality (e.g., authentication, charging, and QoS) established
   around SIP also for RTSP-based streaming.

If there are any questions or comments on the new draft we will be
glad to answer them.

Best Regards,
Jan Lindquist

_______________________________________________
mmusic mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mmusic

-- 
Victor Pascual Ávila