Subject: [ppsp] CoolRuc and PPSP

From: Alberto José González Cela <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2009 13:55:55 +0100

Hi all,

I would like to inform you about a project I was involved which has relation
to your work within PPSP WG. The project was named TRILOGY (developed at the
I2CAT Foundation [http://www.i2cat.net/en/projecte/trilogy-1]). Here, we
developed a P2P Live Streaming Application called CoolRuc.

In short, CoolRuc is able to distribute prerecorded (from a file) or live
(from a video camera) video contents (CIF, SD, HD,…) in a distributed
manner. CoolRuc takes advantage of video source coding techniques (MDC and
SVC) for providing scalable and robust transmission.  Moreover, these
techniques allow to operate in heterogeneous and dynamic environments where
different types of access networks and end-devices can be found. CoolRuc is
mesh-pull-based at distribution level.

Concretely, CoolRuc was focused in the following issues:

- Media Coding in heterogeneous P2P environments
- Content management in P2P
- Content Adaptation in P2P
- Transport plane improvements

According to our experience, I think that we can contribute to PPSP
standardization process in some points, for instance: definition of
requirements, PPSP tracker protocol communication, PPSP Peer Protocol, etc.

In this sense, I have provided some slides describing our work with CoolRuc
(highlighting CoolRuc and PPSP common points) to Yunfei and Victor which I
hope that will be useful for the next PPSP BOF meeting.

BR,

-- 
Alberto Jose Gonzalez Cela
Universitat Politecnica de Catalunya / i2CAT Foundation
MSc,
Research Engineer

---

From: "zhangyunfei" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2009 22:49:41 +0900

Thanks for Alberto's contribution.The slides are perfect and really useful for PPSP BOF because the to-be-standardized part of CoolRuc suits well with PPSP scope(Of course there are also some differences because CoolRuc proposes its standard target based on the speical system where some more components and protocols may exist and PPSP targets on the minimum common set).
Ning's survey will show more about the CoolRuc requirement in protocol.

BR
Yunfei

zhangyunfei
2009-11-09

发件人： Alberto_Jos開Gonz醠ez_Cela
发送时间： 2009-11-09 22:02:18
收件人： [email-masked]
抄送： 
主题： [ppsp] CoolRuc and PPSP

Hi all,

I would like to inform you about a project I was involved which has relation to your work within PPSP WG. The project was named TRILOGY (developed at the I2CAT Foundation?[http://www.i2cat.net/en/projecte/trilogy-1]). Here, we developed a?P2P Live Streaming Application called CoolRuc.?

In short, CoolRuc is able to distribute prerecorded (from a file) or live (from a video camera) video contents (CIF, SD, HD,…) in a distributed manner. CoolRuc takes advantage of video source coding techniques (MDC and SVC) for providing scalable and robust transmission.? Moreover, these techniques allow to operate in heterogeneous and dynamic environments where different types of access networks and end-devices can be found. CoolRuc is mesh-pull-based at distribution level.

- Media Coding in heterogeneous P2P environments
- Content management in P2P
- Content Adaptation in P2P
- Transport plane improvements?
According to our experience, I think that we can contribute to PPSP standardization process in some points, for instance: definition of requirements, PPSP tracker protocol communication, PPSP Peer Protocol, etc.
In this sense, I have provided some slides describing our work with CoolRuc (highlighting CoolRuc and PPSP common points) to Yunfei and Victor which I hope that will be useful for the next PPSP BOF meeting.
BR,
--?
Alberto Jose Gonzalez Cela
Universitat Politecnica de Catalunya / i2CAT Foundation 
MSc,
Research Engineer