Subject: Re: [ppsp] charter discussion

From: Ning Zong <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 Dec 2009 17:36:45 +0800

Hi, Folks,

Overall I support this charter. I have some further suggestions on the
charter. Please see below:

.         The work planned for the PPSP WG is distinct from, but requires
close participation with, work in other IETF WGs, particularly P2PSIP, ALTO
and MMUSIC. The PPSP WG assumes that it cannot modify baseline P2PSIP, ALTO,
and MMUSIC behaviors. If PPSP determines that extensions to P2PSIP, ALTO,
MMUSIC are needed, PPSP will seek to define such extensions and present to
the respective working groups.

[update]

>> The work planned for the PPSP WG is distinct from, but requires close
participation with, work in other IETF WGs, particularly P2PSIP, ALTO and
MMUSIC. The PPSP WG assumes that it cannot modify baseline of other IETF
works. If PPSP determines that extensions to other IETF works are needed,
PPSP will seek to define such extensions and present to the respective
working groups.

[new]

>> The design of PPSP will investigate various media coding mechanisms (e.g.
SVC, MDC) to incorporate their features into media description (e.g. chunk
description in peer protocol).

Any other suggestions and comments?

BR,

Ning Zong

  _____  

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
zhangyunfei
Sent: Friday, November 27, 2009 10:12 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [ppsp] charter discussion

Dear all,

   According to the consensus in IETF 76 PPSP BOF, it's necessary to update
the charter with the comments received both in the mailing list and in the
meeting into consideration.

   Any modification suggestion on the charter is high appreciated. If there
are more comments for the charter, please let us know so that we can make it
better.

BR

Yunfei

  _____  

zhangyunfei

2009-11-27

---

From: "zhangyunfei" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2009 10:56:00 +0800

Thanks for Ning's comments.Please see inline for the reply.

BR
Yunfei

zhangyunfei
2009-12-10

发件人： Ning Zong
发送时间： 2009-12-02 17:45:01
收件人： 'zhangyunfei'; [email-masked]
抄送： 
主题： RE: [ppsp] charter discussion

Hi, Folks,
 
Overall I support this charter. I have some further suggestions on the charter. Please see below:
 
?         The work planned for the PPSP WG is distinct from, but requires close participation with, work in other IETF WGs, particularly P2PSIP, ALTO and MMUSIC. The PPSP WG assumes that it cannot modify baseline P2PSIP, ALTO, and MMUSIC behaviors. If PPSP determines that extensions to P2PSIP, ALTO, MMUSIC are needed, PPSP will seek to define such extensions and present to the respective working groups.
[update]
>> The work planned for the PPSP WG is distinct from, but requires close participation with, work in other IETF WGs, particularly P2PSIP, ALTO and MMUSIC. The PPSP WG assumes that it cannot modify baseline of other IETF works. If PPSP determines that extensions to other IETF works are needed, PPSP will seek to define such extensions and present to the respective working groups.

I agree with Ning's modification.
 
[new]
>> The design of PPSP will investigate various media coding mechanisms (e.g. SVC, MDC) to incorporate their features into media description (e.g. chunk description in peer protocol).

Good suggestion for making PPSP better suited with differrent p2p streaming senarios(esp in mobile and wireless envirnment).I would like see more comments on this in the mailing list. Update on the sentense is:
[Updat]
>>The design of PPSP will consider variou media descriptions (e.g. chunk description in peer protocol) after investigating different media coding mechanisms (e.g. SVC, MDC) to incorporate their features in the protocol.

BR,
Ning Zong

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of zhangyunfei
Sent: Friday, November 27, 2009 10:12 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [ppsp] charter discussion
 
Dear all,
   According to the consensus in IETF 76 PPSP BOF, it's necessary to update the charter with the comments received both in the mailing list and in the meeting into consideration.
   Any modification suggestion on the charter is high appreciated. If there are more comments for the charter, please let us know so that we can make it better.
 
BR
Yunfei

zhangyunfei
2009-11-27