Subject: [ppsp] New Version Notification for draft-grishchenko-ppsp-swift-03.txt

From: Arno Bakker <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2011 16:37:45 +0200

Hi folks

we just uploaded a more RFC-like version of our swift proposal
and request your comments ;o)

Regards,
	Arno Bakker and the rest of the TU Delft team

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-grishchenko-ppsp-swift-03.txt
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2011 07:33:42 -0700
From: <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
CC: <[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-grishchenko-ppsp-swift-03.txt has been 
successfully submitted by Arno Bakker and posted to the IETF repository.

Filename:	 draft-grishchenko-ppsp-swift
Revision:	 03
Title:		 The Generic Multiparty Transport Protocol (swift)
Creation date:	 2011-10-26
WG ID:		 Individual Submission
Number of pages: 39

Abstract:
    The Generic Multiparty Protocol (swift) is a peer-to-peer based
    transport protocol for content dissemination. It can be used for
    streaming on-demand and live video content, as well as conventional
    downloading. In swift, the clients consuming the content participate
    in the dissemination by forwarding the content to other clients via a
    mesh-like structure.  It is a generic protocol which can run directly
    on top of UDP, TCP, HTTP or as a RTP profile. Features of swift are
    short time-till-playback and extensibility. Hence, it can use
    different mechanisms to prevent freeriding, and work with different
    peer discovery schemes (centralized trackers or Distributed Hash
    Tables). Depending on the underlying transport protocol, swift can
    also use different congestion control algorithms, such as LEDBAT, and
    offer transparent NAT traversal. Finally, swift maintains only a
    small amount of state per peer and detects malicious modification of
    content. This documents describes swift and how it satisfies the
    requirements for the IETF Peer-to-Peer Streaming Protocol (PPSP)
    Working Group&#39;s peer protocol.

The IETF Secretariat