Subject: mpls-lsr mib doubt

From: "Prajna Ojha" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2002 14:36:49 +0530

Hi
If anyone has worked with the implementation of the mpls-lsr mib,please mail me separately.
Am trying to simulate a mpls vpn in hub-n-spoke topology.The doubt I have is that I require my mplsXCIndex(mplsXCTable) to have different values than the mplsOutSegmentIndex(Cisco implementation says keep same values for both).
So wish to confirm before going ahead.
Thanks
Prajna 

*********************************************************
Disclaimer

This message (including any attachments) contains 
confidential information intended for a specific 
individual and purpose, and is protected by law. 
If you are not the intended recipient, you should 
delete this message and are hereby notified that 
any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this
message, or the taking of any action based on it, 
is strictly prohibited.

*********************************************************
Visit us at http://www.mahindrabt.com

---

From: "Thomas D. Nadeau" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 05 Aug 2002 14:54:15 -0400

>Am trying to simulate a mpls vpn in hub-n-spoke topology.The doubt I have 
>is that I require my
>mplsXCIndex(mplsXCTable) to have different values than the 
>mplsOutSegmentIndex(Cisco implementation says keep same values for both).

         In general, the mplsOutSegmentIndex and mplsXCIndex values are 
defined as
two unsigned 32-bit quantities that are chosen by the implementation (or 
manager
if allowing writes).  In my case, we implemented the outSegmentIndex to be 
the same as the
XCIndex to make our implementation easier. There is by no means any requirement
in the MIB that mandates that these two 32-bit quantities be the same.  If
you would like to discuss this more within the context of the Cisco 
implementation,
please contact me privately.

         --Tom

>So wish to confirm before going ahead.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mathematics is the supreme nostalgia of our time.